Moveable Joints on a Prop, Help??

RobertGHall

I am wanting to make a 2 foot tall robot prop not special wiring or anything just for show. But I would like to be able to put the robot in a stance and/or move the legs and arms etc. But I have no idea how!

Not with mechanics just me being able to move the arm and for it to stay rather than drop back down as if it is limp? I hope I am making sense?!?! Haha

And idea on how to do this or any examples I have tried searching and haven't had much luck, just a lot of macanics and robotics.

Well, without really knowing what you have in mind form-wise, it would help if you could describe your robot prop a bit. Is it a replica of a robot prop? A generic design? Depending on what you are trying to do, it could be as simple as having joint fasteners that you can loosen to reposition, then retighten.

If the robot is humanoid in shape, you could always build up for an assortment of "artist manikin"s that are readily available.

I don't have any pictures yet I am still in the planning stage. For a brief description the legs are a 1 inch diameter tube and the knee is a cube more or less about 1inch by 1.5inch. So basically a couple of poles with a small joint in the middle.

Hope this explains it enough?

But thank you for your help so far I will have to look into the joint fasteners :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back