Mount for the SMT BSG Shuttle?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

yt

Sr Member
I know some people have built up the old SMT TOS BSG Colonial shuttle, what have people used for a mounting solution? I have done some searching and can't find much. I am a little baffled due to the hollow rotocast and extreme weight.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jedi Dade

Sr Member
Extreme weight? I found it to be pretty light, if a little nose heavy. But it "almost" balances out when all the engines and such are attached. Its heavier than styrene surely, but its not a crazy :)

Here's what I did... sorry no pics...

I drilled a 3/8 hole in the bottom - pic your favorite spot. glued a nut on the inside with JB weld yo uprobably want to use a wide flat washer as well to spread out the area. Got a rod that was 3/8 and cut threads on it that matched the nut using a tap and die set. and then just screwed it in.

Jedi Dade

Last edited:

yt

Sr Member
That sounds good, thanks! I was just worried about the hollow resin sagging over time with such a method.

Jedi Dade

Sr Member
that's why I used a large diameter flat washer... to spread that out. there is so much room in that thing that yo ucould build any kind of support structure you wanted though... - even glue a board in there and attach to that... go nuts... :)

Jedi Dade

yt

Sr Member
there is so much room in that thing that yo ucould build any kind of support structure you wanted though... - even glue a board in there and attach to that... go nuts... :)

Jedi Dade
I was actually thinking about something like that, but from what you've said, that seems like overkill...:cool