Moulding idea

ssloun

Hi everybody ive a question.Since i dont have silicon to make a mold and i havent work with it so far i was thinking to make mold on my bio(its not yet completed so theres some time) from these plaster strips.Is it possible, has anyone tried that? Or should i realy use some silicon and if yes how much of silicone would i need?
Im going to try this technique on my shoulder armor first, cose i dont want to destroy it.

Joseph

P1010114.JPG

Silicone is used as a mold material to make resin items, such as bio helmets/armour/cannons etc.

You can use a cheap silicone caulking, and theres a thred on doing so somehwere on the lair.

Plaster is used as a mold material to make LATEX items, such as masks,not bios. ( unless you are making a latex bio )

For hard cast items think soft molds, and vice versa as Lee said. At a $100 a gallon for silicone rubber, it is rather expensive, but you get what you pay for, depending on durometer and usage.
If you're only going to pop out a few castings, store bought tube silicone will work. Mean Gene did a huntorial on this some time ago too, MI definitely has it covered in idio's link above. It works, I've done it.

ok thanks a lot guys ive already ordered 5 liters of silicon, so i hope it will work, btw by this ,,tube silicon" you mean the type that is used to seal windows

Thanks for advice

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back