MOTORCOWBOY Snake Plissken (Unfinished) review

CHROMIUMDIOXIDE

58ec4f86.jpg

Alright, so for a while I've been reading mixed reviews about Motorcowboys work. Finaly got the Snake Plissken boots and here goes:

1.As you can see -(as is) these are NOT totally Snake's boots, But we all know that. There is a lot of work yet to go into this. MC never claimed that these were gonna come with proper laches and cable bales etc,

2. Comfort - yes. VERY

3. Duracble - hmmmm -This is a costume piece no doubt and you'd be a fool to wear these "casually" or on a bike. Mannequins and Halloween -hell yes.

4. Quality:..Yeah. ok. Not bad at all. Some of the materials used are a little suspect. Really good quality leather used on some parts and sketchy PVC-ish on others. I'm only Slightly less pleased for the price I paid. Again it's for a mannequin. I'm a sneakers guy.

5. Accuracy - Let's face it - you get what you paid for. Is it Magpie quality? Hardly but with a little work, plates added, cable loops , golf spikes, and the proper latches I have - it's gonna be pretty damn close.

Hope this helps for anyone considering picking these up. If yes, order WELL IN ADVANCE (6 months for me.)

I'm no expert, but it seems like someone could find a motorcycle boot that was just as close as those.

How much do they charge?

as is, man. had to track down vintage ski boot latches, golf spikes and shin plates in Japan as you may know, they are in the shop getting done now

only reason i ask is because the boots they show on their site have the clutch guard (i don't know the technical name) up front by the toes. not bad though. i'll probably end up going with these. only other custom bootmakers i can find are for cowboy boots...:unsure

what leather type/finish did you select for these?

The Alpinestars Super Victory boots are a modern take on their old 70s mx boots. These have the metal shin guard, and would be pretty close to the Plissken boots.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back