Most accurate Millennium Falcon 5" detailed model in larger scale than the Bandai?

Davy Jones

Sr Member
Just what the title says. I love the look of the 5ft (and not the 32" as much) but that's a bit too large for me to manage.
I very much desire the accuracy of the Bandai perfect grade but ideally would like it in a larger scale that could better be painted and resemble the full scale 5ft model.
Does something like this exist?
Especially with some of the cool 3D models work of kit parts I've seen done
I'm hoping someone else besides me has had this thought and may offer hull patterns and kit parts?
Thanks!

Nope. No company or seller has ever made a model of the Falcon in any size or variant as accurate and detailed as Bandai's PG 1:72.

Other than high-end model-maker craftspeople using 3D printing to produce specific detail parts, I've never seen an amateur 3D model that's any good either. One person produced a model of the ship in 3D you can buy, but it's frankly pretty terrible, especially all the made-up* crap on the interior.

* Yes, every fictional ship is by definition made up. You know what I mean.

It won't be as accurate as you're looking for, but the Hasbro mods I have seen folks on here make to the 28 inch Walmart exclusive Falcon is pretty darn impression.

I would agree that most files are pretty horrible however I actually thought that Geek1138 did a pretty outstanding job with the limited references that he had, on his 5’Falcon model project. He has released files on his Etsy store however it is not a ‘finished kit’. 3D printing required.

It could conceivably be scaled down, though how well some of the details hold up at a reduced scale is anyone’s guess.

I would agree that most files are pretty horrible however I actually thought that Geek1138 did a pretty outstanding job with the limited references that he had, on his 5’Falcon model project. He has released files on his Etsy store however it is not a ‘finished kit’. 3D printing required.

It could conceivably be scaled down, though how well some of the details hold up at a reduced scale is anyone’s guess.

3D printing at a smaller scale should only make the details look better, provided that one's printer had fine enough resolution.

That model does look pretty cool. I like the idea of picking my own scale. Do people feel like the hull shape is good?
I wish someone could scan the Bandai and use that as a base for accurate hulls and panel placement.
Thanks for the tip guys!

I suspect the hull shape is largely based off vfxsup60 and Maruska's work and if so, the hull shape should be pretty solid.

They both did an extraordinary amount of good work to arrive at the correct shape. That said, I suspect the cockpit is slightly undersize, if indeed based off their files. It should be 6 inches in diameter. I think their drawing which has been around for a long time now, still currently shows the cockpit at only 5.75" which was apparently based of early, initial 'trial and error' mock ups with proper kit donors by Eagle1.

A scaled up Bandai would indeed make a good model however keep in mind that even Bandai despite having direct access to the original, apparently/possibly simplified some details. Oh, to have such access....

And totally agree with Duncanator's comments, generally scaling down should improve the look of the details.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back