Most accurate Luke Skywalker v2 Lightsaber (ROTJ)

alessandra

Hi! I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I tried searching here and on a few other forums I frequent and I can't really find any good information on accurate static replicas of Luke's v2 stunt saber.

VACATION2007452.jpg

I don't suppose an image is really necessary, but just in case. So for example, I know for some sabers there's some pretty good runs, like for the v1 Luke there's Rylo or Starkiller runs, and for the ANH Obi there's Russ, etc...

If I were looking to find the most accurate base to begin this saber with - does anyone have any suggestions? Is the MR one of the most accurate?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I have an extra MR V2 that I'm planning on adjusting a bit. The 'spare' MR I picked up has an odd weathered paint job, very different from the first one I got--in between the grip rings, it looks sort of like it was keyed--weird effect--way too scratchy. I want a little more black to show--and keep the weathering more 'real world'--the type of worn spots that would chip out and wear over time.

So I thought I'd spray over the black/weathered areas, re-weather those--dent up the rings a bit--and add some chrome tape to the graflex band.

I'd also like to find a longer clamp lever--I like the direction the MR was going, but IMHO it looks a little too refined and rounded--and I'd like for it look a little less pretty.

There have been some very good saber blanks produced too--but I've got that spare MR & figured why not start there?

Alessandra, I pointed this out on FX, but for our colleagues who aren't on the FX forums...

So for example, I know for some sabers there's some pretty good runs, like for the Mk. IV Luke there's Rylo or Starkiller runs...

(Bolding is mine) The MK VI you refer to here is actually the name of a specific run; similar to Parksaber's MK III, which is a reference to Obi-Wan's lightsaber from ROTS, or Episode III. See here:

2.jpg

It's used in place of the trademarked term, "Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber." Continuing in this fashion, a recent run of nearly screen accurate Luke ROTJ sabers with electronics was named the MK VI, because it's Luke's lightsaber from Episode VI. When you say MK VI, you're really referring to this:

Photoon2011-06-23at21142.jpg

Photoon2011-06-23at2120.jpg

The MK VI is a run of sabers which is in the style of the Hero. Saying "MK VI" is not the same as saying "Hero," anymore than saying "blue" is the same as saying "color."

As for your question, I'd say the MK VI run or the Rylo runs may be the best Hero style runs, and since the V2 is based off the V1, that might be a good place to start. I'm not a big fan of the V2, so I don't know as much about it.

I found out about the Mk. III / Mk. VI thing on the forums over at FX-Sabers - I'd just seen Mk. III used for Obi's and Mk. VI used for Luke's, and I figured it was a convention.

Fixed to just Luke v1 and ANH Obi.

I did find out through some searching that Anakin Starkiller had a run, as did RussRep - I believe PastorJedi also had a run of aluminium blanks for the v2 saber, so when I have some extra money, I'll start there.

As for your question, I'd say the MK VI run or the Rylo runs may be the best Hero style runs, and since the V2 is based off the V1, that might be a good place to start. I'm not a big fan of the V2, so I don't know as much about it.

Technically, the V1 is based on the V2. The V2 was an Obi-Wan Kenobi stunt saber from ANH and was built first.

I know Anakin Starkiller did a run of Heroes including both control boxes (Yuma stunt and Vader closeup). He was planning to do a run of ultimate V2 sabers in cast aluminum like the originals, but it hasn't happened yet.
http://www.therpf.com/f13/ultimate-luke-rotj-v2-stunt-saber-110918/

Technically, the V1 is based on the V2. The V2 was an Obi-Wan Kenobi stunt saber from ANH and was built first.

I know Anakin Starkiller did a run of Heroes including both control boxes (Yuma stunt and Vader closeup). He was planning to do a run of ultimate V2 sabers in cast aluminum like the originals, but it hasn't happened yet.
http://www.therpf.com/f13/ultimate-luke-rotj-v2-stunt-saber-110918/

I agree. Since the v2 was the Obi stunt and it also has the "nipple" on the emitter (from the stunt blade being removed?), and we see this distinctive "nipple" gets inherited on the v1 (though not the v3 or Yuma), though the v2 did not retroactively receive many of the changes that were made on the v1, such as the different control box, copper windvane, etc.

And thank you for the link lonepigeon. I actually just saw that earlier this evening via seach, but I'm actually looking for a more idealized version. I guess I mean accurate dimensions-wise, but not so much the "warts and all" approach.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back