NorthProds

This thread is an information and discussion thread. Feel free to talk.

Welcome to the thread! Here I am listing the most accurate versions and vendors for the iconic Indiana Jones Costume Gear (Original Raiders of The Lost Ark Version). I will soon add links to the pages. (Disclaimer: I am in no ways affiliated with these companies, only a fan who compiled all of these sources.) Without further to do:

Fedora- Adventurebilt Raiders "Legacy" Hat

Jacket- Wested Leather Co. Raiders of The Lost Ark Lambskin Jacket

Shirt- Wested Leather Co. "IndyShirt"

Pants- Wested Leather Co. Wool/Calvary Twill Pants

Boots- Alden 405 "Indy" Boot

Bag- What Price Glory MKVII Gas Bag

Pant Belt- Todd's Costumes Web Belt

Holster- Todd's Costumes "Raiders" Holster

Gun Belt- Todd's Costumes Indy Leather Weapons Belt

Gun- Sarednab's Raiders "Sword Fight" Gun

Whip Holder- Todd's Costumes Whip to Belt Strap

Whip- David Morgan 8ft. Natural Tan Bullwhip

So that's it! Right to the point, and you may have noticed the "pending" on the gun and gun belt. Reason for that is that I haven't found a good source yet :/ But I hope you found this helpful, and feel free to discuss any thing on this thread!

Last edited:
The current gold standard for the hat in my opinion would be Adventurebilt, made by Steve Delk in America (if you can get one) or Marc Kitter in Europe:

http://indygear.com/igabstory.html
http://www.adventurebilthats.com/indy.asp

Also there's a typo on your line for boots. They're Alden, not Allen. :)

I don't have personal experience with anything other than hats or boots, but I know that the folks over at IndyGear think highly of Magnoli for costuming needs, too.

Last edited:
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/shop-by-genre-adventure-c-105_110.html

insta-indy-cow_zpsmxatjlxk.jpg

CowHide for the jacket? Umm, negative on that one.

Morgan also has changed how the whips are made so the look of them has changed as well.

As far as the Herbie Poet goes I am not even gonna start.. :lol

The Wested stuff in general is...so-so at best and all depends on which movie version the buyer is looking for. Same with his gun/s.

There are a handful of good movie accurate jackets, belts and bag strap makers out there.

CowHide for the jacket? Umm, negative on that one.

Morgan also has changed how the whips are made so the look of them has changed as well.

As far as the Herbie Poet goes I am not even gonna start.. :lol

Actually Herbert Johnson has found the original block and is making new as of 2017. The one and only Raiders hat is back.

Actually Herbert Johnson has found the original block and is making new as of 2017. The one and only Raiders hat is back.

Source? Must admit I'm skeptical that they found the true original block...

It's a beautiful hat, and the dimensions that HJ lists are correct. Intriguing...

Last edited:
Source? Must admit I'm skeptical that they found the true original block...

Yes I was to at first, but if anyone found it, it would be them. Just remember that. As for the source, the HJ facebook page has many photos and altered designs/prices. Raiders.net has a forum on it as well.

I thought I had successfully scratched my Indy fedora itch years ago. But I think I'm gonna have to examine one of these in person next time I'm in London before I pull the trigger again. Thanks for letting me know! I only visit COW sporadically these days, so I totally missed the HJ Reboot thread.

Penman hat company makes Adventurebilt hats in USA. Steve Delk is finishing back orders and will retire. Bernardo Delcarpio makes Morgan style whips exactly like they were made during the 80's. He learned from David Morgan himself.

Penman hat company makes Adventurebilt hats in USA. Steve Delk is finishing back orders and will retire. Bernardo Delcarpio makes Morgan style whips exactly like they were made during the 80's. He learned from David Morgan himself.

Yes, the Penman hats are excellent, and he has the full endorsement and support of Steve Delk. I consider myself lucky to have gotten two hats from Steve about four years ago.

This news about HJ finding the original blocks has really thrown me for a loop! I checked in over at Club Obi Wan, and the new HJ hats have been given the seal of approval, including the high end Portuguese felt and the original source for the ribbon. I'm honestly kind of gobsmacked! I know it's just a hat, but I really never thought I'd see the day that the original block not only resurfaced, but was put back into use at HJ. Jiminy...

I'm sure all Indy fans are rejoicing then I would assume they found the right felt since they found the ribbon manufacturer.

I will have to see plenty of pics to justify buying one as I have vintage Herbys in my collection.

You do realize that the Raiders Jacket was Lamb and NOT cowhide right?

My bad :lol I put cow hide lol. Thanks for the tip. The top gear list will change throughout the discussion which its supposed to. After all the point of this thread is to find the best.

Yes, the Penman hats are excellent, and he has the full endorsement and support of Steve Delk. I consider myself lucky to have gotten two hats from Steve about four years ago.

This news about HJ finding the original blocks has really thrown me for a loop! I checked in over at Club Obi Wan, and the new HJ hats have been given the seal of approval, including the high end Portuguese felt and the original source for the ribbon. I'm honestly kind of gobsmacked! I know it's just a hat, but I really never thought I'd see the day that the original block not only resurfaced, but was put back into use at HJ. Jiminy...

I know, It's insane. They even have the Grey Clipper and the Last Crusade version. But most of all... The Raiders is back!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back