Mos Eisley/Tatooine Wall Sconce

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Mean Obiwan, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mean Obiwan

Mean Obiwan Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I didn't really want to give such a small prop its own thread, but I'm not sure where else I could show this off.
    This is my little Mos Eisley style wall sconce motion sensor light. I was wondering around WalMart with the wife when I first noticed it. Just a boring little light and thought it would look great converted into something that looked like it came off the set.
    So, I picked it and some sandstone textured paint up and went to work. A few things out of the greeblie box and this is what I ended up with. I really wish I had gotten a before picture of it, but since it was just a vague idea of what I would do, and not knowing how it would turn out I didn't :/

[​IMG]
    image upload no size limit

[​IMG]
    posted image

[​IMG]
    image hosting websites

More greeblies

[​IMG]
    imgur

[​IMG]
    jpg images

Here's the back of it, which kind of shows you what kind of material it was before conversion.

[​IMG]
    image hosting free

Under the plastic cover thing

[​IMG]
    uploading pictures

Bottom

[​IMG]
    image upload

And on the wall.

[​IMG]
    upload image free

[​IMG]
    how to screen capture

Dtrasler and matty matt like this.
  2. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Now all you need is a nice vintage Tunesian/Tatooine trunk . . . with your father's lightsaber inside :)

Chaim

3. Mean Obiwan

How did my father die?

That's actually a pretty good idea though. Then maybe I'd actually have a place to put all my props that have spread over the kitchen counter ;)

Sym-Cha likes this.
  4. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

How did your father die? Well ... you're Mean Obiwan ... so you tell me ... perhaps a bit of help from the dark side :lol

Chaim

5. Mean Obiwan

Well I can tell you one thing, he's more machine now than man... Twisted and evil.

Dtrasler likes this.