Mos Eisley and Lars homestead pieces value?

my3es

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had a friend travel over to Tunisia and visit the Star Wars sets, he brought me back some large pieces be "removed" from the lars homestead and Mos Eisley. do these things have any value? I have photos to show where they came from.

thanks

Do they have value? Probably. I could probably come up with a number, but there is an elephant in the room, which I'll get to in a moment.

Provenance is the most important word in props. "How did you get it?" and "Prove it was screen used." are really important to prop collectors. Proving it came from the Tunisia sets is one thing. Few people are going to take the word of some guy who picked up some plaster bits in the desert. Are they recognizable pieces that can be seen on-screen? You've got the photos, so that's a good start, do they show the pieces in place? Are they from ANH, AOTC, or a later repair or the 2012 restoration? Those answers can make a difference on the value.

Now to the big issue. You say they were "removed" from the homestead. That can be a loaded word. It can mean anything from "removed by the owners due to damage" to "vandalized and stolen". If they were removed with permission, that's one thing... except for the whole ethical argument of damaging an arguably historic site. If the parts just fell off and were collected with permission, I don't think I'd have an issue there. Anything else is a grey area, at least ethically.

Last edited:
popcorn_ani.gif

There is some inherant value to them, The really valuable ones are the pieces that were used before they redid the Sets for The Phantom Menace

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back