Morris / Rosengrant P1 Heads

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
These have been finished for a while but I just got around to uploading the pics this morning. Sorry for not doing a tutorial on the paintup, but I did take a few progressive pics along the way. Now for those who don't know or aren't familiar with this bust, it is supposedly from the original SWS molds. The detail is incredible and the sculpt is almost identical to the SWS lifeside Predator. There are some discrepancies about the authenticity of the mouth considering that there were animatronics in there, but the lineage of this bust goes way back.

First pic shows the base coat of an off-white/parchment with some yellow, and then one layer of light orange/burnt umber. The mouth has been lightly painted pink:
Img_1577.jpg

Veins added in mouth, and pink is darkened; spots all hand painted on:
Img_2035.jpg

Added the spots on the forehead:
Img_2037.jpg

Finished adding random spots on the face, glued teeth on and then sealed the paint with Krylon Satin:
Img_2062.jpg

Spots take a long time, but then so does gluing on quills and dreads one by one. I still have one head to add some more dreads on, but here are the first two heads. First head is the Morris/Rosengrant with teeth that I sculpted using Sculpey. The eye sockets are wonky due to a flaw in the mold, so I chose to make the eyes look off to the side rather than dead ahead. I think it looks much better that way anyway, and gives the illusion that he's looking right at you. The head is from Juan, eyes are from Vincent, dreads and beads are from Casey:
Img_2190.jpg

Img_2188.jpg

Img_2197.jpg

Img_2198.jpg

Img_2193.jpg

Img_2204.jpg

Img_2207.jpg

Img_2205.jpg

Img_2210.jpg

Img_2211.jpg

Img_2215.jpg

Img_2217.jpg

Img_2226.jpg

Img_2220.jpg

Img_2227.jpg

Img_2228.jpg

Next up is a variant of the Morris/Rosengrant with the mouth from the Sideshow bust grafted on. I decided to glue the teeth on early, which made painting in the mouth difficult, but still doable. This one has Bambooie dreads, Vincent's eyes, and Casey's dread beads:
Img_2093.jpg

Img_2088.jpg

Img_2097.jpg

Img_2098.jpg

Img_2106.jpg

Img_2110.jpg

Img_2107.jpg

Img_2112.jpg

Img_2124.jpg

Img_2118.jpg

Img_2125.jpg

Img_2128.jpg

Img_2130.jpg

Img_2136.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great job.......so how many heads you got man?.....there's going to come a time when you no longer have any spare time to do kits.......because of the sheer amount of dusting you'll have lol

I echo what ICE said....your skills are becoming insane Jason.Great pattern and color blend...really like the tones you used.

I have always been a fan of the hand painted black spots. the crispness of the edges give the piece a clean look.
I love the eyes looking out diagonally. especially when photographed from that angle. Looks like he's commin' after yer ass!

You make it look so easy...and it ain't!!!

Great Job Jason. I gotta do another head myself!

I still have a few sets of the eyes up for grabs if anybody needs a hook up

Thanks guys...its very much appreciated, especially from all you cool cats. I am glad that I'm finally done tho...I'll never take on painting 7 heads and 10 Bios all at the same time again! Doing them all at the same time like that was fun, but just too much. I really don't know how Scott Marshall does it.

I also can't really believe I actually painted this considering how cruddy my very first P1 paintup went:

001.jpg

Skunk, I will take a picture of all the heads and show you just how crowed my room it. But crowded in a good way haha!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back