Morita Rifle BUild for your viewing pleasure! Warning LOTS more pics 4/10

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Rikarus, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Rikarus

Rikarus Well-Known Member

Started with Ron Shanko Rock Galotti approves Morita Repro Shells. Trimmed and fitted, banded togehter and set out in sun to flex a bit and form. That;s Trooper Rocket Modeling with the shells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Checuked the fiberglass parts and got a KTM M37 Police, a Mini-14 reciever screen used from Art, a G&P M60 Flash hider and some various long pipe for guts. Was originally gonna hack up a M37 Feather weight but Redwolf Airsoft started selling the poilce model again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did intial paint base on shels in and out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then Learned that the KTM wouldn't fit!!! Paniced, then Rockstar over at Whiskey Outpost pointed out to much glass on the inside....so did a bunch of grinding while sweating bullets about * the pooch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then things went right together!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Intial test assembly, lots to do still but nice with with Mini14 screen used installed, and M37 installed, need to shorten barrel, and clean up vent holes better....and fit Magazine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Re: Morita Rifle BUild for your viewing pleasure! Warning Large Pic instensive!

Thing of beauty!

3. Rikarus

Thank you! Working sling bits today, trying hunt down those little carabiners.

4. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Very nice. You might consider replacing the screws with hex heads and you will be set!

5. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Impressive sir!

6. Rikarus

So a big catch up, comnstruction pics, fixing so KTM Itahca fit in, and finishing work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

test fitting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mags with real dirt weathering

[​IMG]

7. Rikarus

Pretty Much done pics:

mounting the Screen used Mini14:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Assembly pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And done with me and my gear pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rikarus

All in all I would give Shankos Shell a 9 out of 10, they are well done and requiredverylittle work to put things together.

The flash hider, shotgun, and mag need to be upgraded to better parts wither cast or something a little more solid and cleaner cast....but I didn't sue them so I am gtg. If you are jsut going to make a model out of it and hand it on the wall they will be ok, but adding Matsuo or airsoft parts will make the build AND give it the weight to make it feel liek a Morita!

all comments are totally welcome all.