Morita Battle rifle

paulsboutique

Sr Member
Having discovered gelblasters recently (like airsoft but with soft gel balls - orbees). I have been building custom blasters, as the types you can get are quite limited.

Here is a FAMAS G2 I designed and use out at events
WKbp8gcqchYqHGr6vpjgqwDg=w1920-h865-no?authuser=0?.jpg

Anyhow I've always loved starship troopers and the Morita Battle rifle ... Its totally over the top, unrealistic for any real combat, and just laughable .... but its so awesome !!
Instead of making a static prop of one I thought id base it on a gelblaster shotgun and electric gearbox.

This is the shotgun i picked up for it.

PaB-KXboKP5gGFYeWCrC07dQ=w1920-h865-no?authuser=0?.jpg

Ok CAD time and a quick render to see where im at with the design..
afHUQyR43ekS-pKgsklLNTJg=w1536-h758-no?authuser=0?.png

Agreed, that’s just outstanding. The modelling is so clean.
If you ever decide to release them or sell them please let us know as that is one weapon I have always wanted too.

Not being happy with the cheap shotgun, i took to redesiging the thing myself. Being that the original live fire used an ithica37 i went with that.

Internally i redesigned the gel ball loader and just have the trigger assembly to go. I also made the loader tube wider to house more balls.
Redid the reciever as i will be using black alloy tubes for both outer barrels. As the reciever wont be seen, i didnt worry about its accuracy.

Morita v297.png

Next up was the Ithica handle, arm and front end.

Morita v298.png

Morita v299.png

Phenomenal work man, been looking to do almost the exact same thing using an airsoft L85. For now Im trying to do a front end kit then later a complete rifle without the need of the L85 receiver.

Problem I have is modelling the gun itself, I was wondering what dimensions you were using as they look perfect! It seems quite a daunting task to model at the moment. :(

Phenomenal work man, been looking to do almost the exact same thing using an airsoft L85. For now Im trying to do a front end kit then later a complete rifle without the need of the L85 receiver.

Problem I have is modelling the gun itself, I was wondering what dimensions you were using as they look perfect! It seems quite a daunting task to model at the moment. :(
Thanks!!, i used a few side pictures of the muzzlite bulpup and its known dimensions as well as the ruger mini14. The known over all length of the morita is 1100mm so i just worked the front from that and eyeballed the ithica pump to match.

I just did a search for an airsoft muzzlite bullpup, but then saw the price ...

Well how things change. Our police department has just outlawed gel blasters in our State and they now require a gun licence and gun safe to own one. Ok......so i dont have a gun safe or license and not wanting to scrap this build, i went back to the deaign and redid the reciever and shotgun to be static only.
Designed up the ruger 14 reciever and printed out.
20201014_170720.jpg

20201014_170817.jpg

Reprinted the reciever, bolted and glued all the parts together. Temp bolt up of the halves for first round of post processing .
20201021_142304.jpg

20201021_142318.jpg

Attachments

• 20201021_152949.jpg
    20201021_152949.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 462
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back