Limited Run Morita Assault Rifle from Starship Troopers

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mahr

I finally finished mine. Some of the silver rub 'n buff is a bit heavy-handed so I might go back and do another black wash. For the base coat I used Ultra-flat Kyrlon Camoflage in Olive. It's definitely not green enough to be screen accurate, but I like the look a lot. I just realized that I need to get some bolt heads to fill in some of those holes. What size do I need to get for those?

IMG_6721.jpeg

thorssoli

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally finished mine. Some of the silver rub 'n buff is a bit heavy-handed so I might go back and do another black wash. For the base coat I used Ultra-flat Kyrlon Camoflage in Olive. It's definitely not green enough to be screen accurate, but I like the look a lot. I just realized that I need to get some bolt heads to fill in some of those holes. What size do I need to get for those?

View attachment 1360594
That came out gorgeous. I just now noticed your question about screws. I got the following from mcmaster.com:

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Hex Drive Flat Head Screw 5-40 Thread Size, 1/4" Long 91253A124

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Socket Head Screw 8-32 Thread Size, 1/8" Long 91251A179

I'm back in the shop full time now that the holiday rush is behind me.

If you'd like to get one of these kits, please post a comment here and I'll PM you with payment details.

If anybody else wants to get one of these kits

Phaser

Hello again, sorry for leaving you with no response last time. I didn't have a PayPal, and I was a few bucks short. I think I got PayPal working and I got the money requested. I'm still very interested your work.

thorssoli

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello again, sorry for leaving you with no response last time. I didn't have a PayPal, and I was a few bucks short. I think I got PayPal working and I got the money requested. I'm still very interested your work.
PM Sent with the details.

If anybody else wants to get in on this run, please post here and I'll PM you with the payment details.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.