More of a Cosplay than a replica, I suppose

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jive Turkey

Made this a little over a year ago, but wasn't a member here until a couple months ago and figured I'd give it a post. Like the title says, I guess this is more of a cosplay than a replica. I was leaning heavily toward the battle damage Skeletor toy from the 80s, but took a bit of creative license.
The mask was sculpted in Monster Clay over a life cast of my face, then cast in SmoothCast 57D. It was attached to a morph mask with neodymium magnets to give it the floating skull look (the jaw moved and the effect worked even better than I hoped). The staff was molded from a real goat skull and also cast in SmoothCast 57D. And the armor was the typical EVA foam and some odds and ends I found in hobby and fabric shops. I made everything from scratch except the blue morph suit and cape.

I've got a few other recent costumes that I'll also post another time

Hope you like it!

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sinza

Death's Head, Yep...that's me. twitter.com/sinzalaflesh I have a post here that shows the build. Skeletor I'll do different. I love the movie version, I even saw the mask up close once at a museum showing...I almost took it....I had the chance.....all I had to do was lift up the box, nobody else was there.....I could have just walked away with the face of Skeletor.....anyways...If I build Skeletor it will be similar to how I built Death's Head. It will look bloody and battle damaged, high tech mixed with scary occult magick. Right now I'm just thinking about it, looking for the right skull mask. I found the perfect ram's skull for the havok staff, I'll probably fit lights and a small fog machine in the staff. I'm thinking more of a sci-fi look to the costume. Think about if Skeletor was in a MARVEL movie and the kind of textured fabrics used. More future sci-fi than medieval. Less color, more black and gray.
I'll put a couple pictures below to show what I'm thinking.

More thoughts on your costume...I really like your Havok Staff! It turned out great. I also like how you went with the battle damaged Skeletor, very unique choice. The face is great, I love how it looks like you're smiling in your evil laugh. I'd love to see more pics!!! Also, what did you do with it? Any good con stories? I was dressed as Death's Head and my buddy was in Star Trek uniform, so he looked fairly normal and his feet hurt. Right next to our hotel was a shoe store, so I told him to go inside and look for insert pads. I got bored and went into the store and this little old chinese man was talking to my friend and when he saw me he dropped to his knees holding his arm up and started praying nonstop. It was weird...I accidentally held up a shoe store. I felt really bad because I don't think he had any idea comicon was going on in the city and all of a sudden Death walks into his store with a big bloody weapon. I just backed up and walked out, he still had his hands up and was just looking at the floor praying loudly. It's funny now, but I felt bad. The looks I get are priceless. Being Death's Head is fun, I look forward to those moments.
111aaa.jpg

72926695_989702014698905_7648951817732096000_n.jpg

skeletor_ca1_by_nebezial_d91bqyz-pre.jpg

Warriors_Monsters_Magic_378702.jpg

Jive Turkey

Death's Head, Yep...that's me. twitter.com/sinzalaflesh I have a post here that shows the build. Skeletor I'll do different. I love the movie version, I even saw the mask up close once at a museum showing...I almost took it....I had the chance.....all I had to do was lift up the box, nobody else was there.....I could have just walked away with the face of Skeletor.....anyways...If I build Skeletor it will be similar to how I built Death's Head. It will look bloody and battle damaged, high tech mixed with scary occult magick. Right now I'm just thinking about it, looking for the right skull mask. I found the perfect ram's skull for the havok staff, I'll probably fit lights and a small fog machine in the staff. I'm thinking more of a sci-fi look to the costume. Think about if Skeletor was in a MARVEL movie and the kind of textured fabrics used. More future sci-fi than medieval. Less color, more black and gray.
I'll put a couple pictures below to show what I'm thinking.

More thoughts on your costume...I really like your Havok Staff! It turned out great. I also like how you went with the battle damaged Skeletor, very unique choice. The face is great, I love how it looks like you're smiling in your evil laugh. I'd love to see more pics!!! Also, what did you do with it? Any good con stories? I was dressed as Death's Head and my buddy was in Star Trek uniform, so he looked fairly normal and his feet hurt. Right next to our hotel was a shoe store, so I told him to go inside and look for insert pads. I got bored and went into the store and this little old chinese man was talking to my friend and when he saw me he dropped to his knees holding his arm up and started praying nonstop. It was weird...I accidentally held up a shoe store. I felt really bad because I don't think he had any idea comicon was going on in the city and all of a sudden Death walks into his store with a big bloody weapon. I just backed up and walked out, he still had his hands up and was just looking at the floor praying loudly. It's funny now, but I felt bad. The looks I get are priceless. Being Death's Head is fun, I look forward to those moments.
View attachment 1245557
View attachment 1245571
View attachment 1245565
View attachment 1245566
.....holy ****.

This is incredible, man. Makes my Skeletor look like amateur hour.
Absolutely flawless. I'll look for your WIP thread for sure. It's stuff like this that makes me excited to work on my own stuff. I know I'm not going to come close, but it gives me something to reach for. inspirational AF

Thanks for posting!