More Obi Cut-away madness from Howard.

FRIKIN' REDICULOUS.............

It's obvious why you need to stain your deck....all your disposeable time is spent making your props :lol

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Steve

holy crap.

dude that is AWESOME.........

i never thought of anyone trying to make these, and man you are off to a hell of a start.

chris

Howard,

All I can say is wow??? When you are finished, would you be willing to do another. I don't think I could EVER pull this off. It looks amazing....

Thanks

Daaa-aaamn. That's beautiful. But.. gears? Only thing I can think a saber would need gears for is if it has more than one crystal for variable blade length, and we've never seen one of those in the movies. You sir are a true craftsman and artiste.

Jay

Originally posted by Jedi Lawja@Mar 16 2006, 04:07 AM
Daaa-aaamn.  That's beautiful.  But..  gears?  Only thing I can think a saber would need gears for is if it has more than one crystal for variable blade length, and we've never seen one of those in the movies.  You sir are a true craftsman and artiste.

Jay
[snapback]1206836[/snapback]​

You know, the gears are the first thing I liked about this saber. It gives it that old-fashioned Time-Machine feel. Classy.

WOW. This has always been my favorite saber, and I was thinking of putting guts in my parks version, but this is just amazing. The detail is just stunning, and the gears are such a fun idea. :)

Jason

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

I've been working on this on and off - but we're busy with our new baby girl, and my son's been very ill, so time has vanished.
Saying that - I picked up some sheet copper today in a new model / craft store in the city, which I plan to use in the 'booster' section.
The emitter Tanzanite crystal has been replaced, as it wouldn't transmit enough light. There's now a lab grown diamond in its place. The 'grenade' section is now complete, as are the neck and emitter.

I should have a few pics to post Sunday or Monday.

Edit:

The sun's bright so here's a pic.

[attachmentid=7817]

Cheers.

Howard.

What can i say Howard. You've done it again.

I can see some of the influence from your earlier "victorian ray gun" projects.

:thumbsup

DS

Here's the unfinished primary (quartz) crystal housing.
This will sit in the booster section of the saber, just short of the 'energy guides' component pictured in my first post, which will be in the clamp section.

[attachmentid=7835]

[attachmentid=7836]

Howard.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back