Mordin Bust Mass Effect 2 Sculpt

DeVine

So I've been working on Mordin for the past two days, as you can see his jaw area and neck still need alot of work but this is where he sits as of now. I'd like to hear some advice on what to do with his eyes, something just seems off, oh they're dollar tree ladels that i cut off :lol

Always helps to show what the goal is when asking for advice. :)

Mordin05.jpg

1264480465.jpg

mass_effect___mordin_wallpaper_by_slavka13748-d315oi7.jpg

once the nostrils are added it will give you a better idea of the layout of his head.

One thing I notice is that the eyes are sitting very flat on this. If you look at the pictures kindly provided by nick, youll see the sockets shoot outwards.
Also, try making the mouth region a touch more skinny (if you can, this is for a mask im assuming?).

Here is a quick pic of my thane mask I made :
001.jpg

002.jpg

Interesting trivia on this : The lenses I used were an old pair of Darth Vader lenses provided by a friend xD

Here's an update! Thanks Nick, I forgot to put up my reference pic. I'm pretty much done with him, there are some minor things around the neck and his eyes need a bit more tweaking, but overall I'm very pleased with him :)

It's getting there but you could nail some of the proportions a bit better in a few places.

The shape of eyes would be an easier and super important change I'd make. The outer corners need to come up a good bit otherwise it makes him looks droopy and sad.

Here's a photoshop lineup to help compare and contrast.

attachment.php

Hope that helps.

Great stuff.

Nick

So I have run into an accuracy problem , basically every reference photo I look at of Mordin has a slight difference to it, whether it be the angles of the face or the distance of his cheek bones, the photos show the two I've been using. My goal is to get somewhere between these two, but thanks Nick for the photo, you can see the changes I made, and between the two pictures you can see where I'm headed, he's almost there :).......

Last edited:
The only thing I can notice is that his top lip isn't quite in co with the picture. But other than that it looks wonderful! Great sculpting!

Cheers, Dave.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back