Monsters Inc Scream Canisters

FXengineer

Just wanted to show off a little. Here are some pictures of the scream canisters from the film Monsters, Inc that I built. They are 1/3rd scale versions. The canisters are 30" tall in the film and mine are 12.5" tall. They are hollow rotocast plastic canisters. The "scream gauges" are clear resin with a solid core to indicate level. They are color matched to the movie and the decals are created on water slide transfers. I had a lot of fun with my crew creating these.

Last edited:
Very cool.

Making a full sized one is on my to do list.

Nice work! I have been wanting to do these full scale as well!

I've thought about making a full sized one, but it would take a lot of material. I've made a smaller version that's only 6.25" tall to put on my desk. I'll post some pictures when the molds are done. I also would like to play around with the colors and labels for the fun of it.

Same here, I have the full size Mike and Sulley and would love to get a canister to display with them.

2871035.jpeg

I think they made what, 200 pairs or more of this duo?

Those are fantastic! Were they in theaters? I may have to start looking for a pair. A very cute picture, by the way.

2871035.jpeg

I think they made what, 200 pairs or more of this duo?

Those are fantastic! Were they in theaters? I may have to start looking for a pair. A very cute picture, by the way.

I found the photo online, not mine LOL but yes, theres a Sully on ebay now, up in Missouri. You can find them from time to time. I see people give them away and sell them. Just gotta keep your eyes opened.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back