Monsters Inc Scream Canisters

FXengineer

Just wanted to show off a little. Here are some pictures of the scream canisters from the film Monsters, Inc that I built. They are 1/3rd scale versions. The canisters are 30" tall in the film and mine are 12.5" tall. They are hollow rotocast plastic canisters. The "scream gauges" are clear resin with a solid core to indicate level. They are color matched to the movie and the decals are created on water slide transfers. I had a lot of fun with my crew creating these.

Last edited:
Very cool.

Making a full sized one is on my to do list.

Nice work! I have been wanting to do these full scale as well!

I've thought about making a full sized one, but it would take a lot of material. I've made a smaller version that's only 6.25" tall to put on my desk. I'll post some pictures when the molds are done. I also would like to play around with the colors and labels for the fun of it.

Same here, I have the full size Mike and Sulley and would love to get a canister to display with them.

2871035.jpeg

I think they made what, 200 pairs or more of this duo?

Those are fantastic! Were they in theaters? I may have to start looking for a pair. A very cute picture, by the way.

2871035.jpeg

I think they made what, 200 pairs or more of this duo?

Those are fantastic! Were they in theaters? I may have to start looking for a pair. A very cute picture, by the way.

I found the photo online, not mine LOL but yes, theres a Sully on ebay now, up in Missouri. You can find them from time to time. I see people give them away and sell them. Just gotta keep your eyes opened.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back