Monsterpalooza 2012

Guan Thwei

Alright guys after thinking about it and what not I have decided to make this thread to make sure that we plan ahead of course I have always planned ahead for events that I never want to miss and this is definitely one of those events. MONSTERPALOOZA 2012
untitled7.png

I think this is going to be something to look forward to for the new year for all of us especially since I will finally get to meet some of you that regularly attend Cons like Anaheim, SDCC, and Dragon Con. I will be posting the images that gives all the info that you will be needing as far as prices, schedules, and what have you. Per the creator, guests, and other type of festivities that are being planned for next year's Monsterpalooza 2012 I thought this section was appropriate to post here.

untitled9.png

untitled8.png

untitled10.png

Convention Floor Plans have been posted

MONSTERPALOOZA PRESENTATION April 14 -12:00PM-1:00P.M

The Creator said:
As of this date we have The Stan Winston family and the school on board for the next Monsterpalooza.
They will be doing a booth at the show ,doing two presentations and contributing pieces to the museum. Matt Winston(Stans son) will be putting together two presentations. One presentation will be focusing on his fathers career and the school.Joining him on stage will be many people that have worked with Stan and will be future instructors with the school.The other presentation will focus on the original Predator film , specifically the suit and Kevin Peter Hall.We hope to get some of the cast members to participate .If this happens we will either lengthen The Predator presentation or add a third presentation.
Of course other guests and presentations will be a part of the weekend as well. If all of the above falls into place we hope to do a Predator screening at the end of the day on Saturday evening. The Winston School is supposed to pull together two presentations. One is devoted to Stan and the new school on Saturday.The other is supposed to be a Predator Crew presentation on Sunday.
I will be connecting with Matt Winston in the next week concerning these programs. The Winston School has a booth for the weekend, I believe different instructors will be sitting in off and on during the weekend. Brian Steele and Derek Mears are scheduled to do a Predators presentation on Sunday. We had Sonny Landham as a scheduled guest but he unfortunately had to cancel. I hope to have Mr. Landham at a future show...a great guy

Eliot Brodsky
Monsterpalooza

ptgreek said:
I know its a bit far off...but really guys ...this is where the industry pros show off their stuff. It is a small con ..very easy to spend time and chat with effects masters. you guys will love Monsterpalooza for the pure FX geek factor of it ..Seriously ,..its a party for every FX artist disguised as a con. its not huge at all ..very small and intimate ..so lots of face time with Steve Wang, Don Lanning, Pat Mcgee... JJ Abrahms is there walking around every year ..As is Guiellmo Del Toro ( both very approachable and talkative) the Museum houses some of the coolest creatures you guys have seen in your favorite films. Plus ..we can all go party later in Hollywood if ya want

do it ....do it NOW!

Kithunter said:
if there ever was a con or show to be a part of ...as pred heads...this is the one

Artists:
Honorary Member Casey Love (AVP, AVP-R, PREDATORS)

Don Lanning (AVP)
wwwflickrcom_photos_d3studio_5702199590_sizes_l_in_photostream.jpg

Pat MaGee (Batman: Dead End, AVP)

Steve Koch (AVP, AVP-R)
ALIEN+vs.PREDATOR2.JPG

Timothy Martin (Batman: Dead End, AVP) Notice his Predator Shirt?!!
TimMartin.png

Jordu Schell (AVP Tiles, AVP-R, PREDATORS)
JorduSchell.png

WolfPredatorCreatureDesign.png
film-predators-008-1.jpg

PredatorTiles1.png
PredatorTiles3.png

David Mosher ( Icons Fabrication and Design Group: Icons Bio and P2 Disc)
n1125980157_30032663_2802.jpg

untitled92-1.png
untitled72-1.png

Bruce D Mitchell (AVP-R, PREDATORS)
scan0053.jpg

Artists you might see walking around:
Alec Gillis (AVP & AVP-R)
untitled.png

Greg Nicotero (Batman: Dead End, PREDATORS)
pred3s.jpg

Honorary Member Shannon Shea (Predator, Predators)
untitled18.png

Steve Wang (Predator, AVP-R)
tumblr_l5bfmuAJgD1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Bruce Spaulding Fuller (Predator 2, AVP)
scan0072.jpg

Guests:

(Sunday only)

DINNER

1761 N. Victory Place, Burbank, CA 91504
Sat: 7:30 PM-11:00 PM
DIRECTIONS: I-5 Burbank Blvd. West Right on Victory Place. Outback is in the Burbank Empire Center.

Members Attending
Art Andrews

Guan-thwei
ptgreek
Imacaci
xdmray
MEANGENE83
vinmanmac
bodiee
carlart
1elder
pdisc
Elder-one
LITTLE WOLF

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to this. they add a new artist almost weekly on their FB page. should be a lot of eye candy to look at.

I have a poster and a bio that I would like to get signed( the stunt P1 by Steve and the poster by any member that has participated in the predators films )
If any of you is interested please let me know how much would you ask for doing this for me. I hope one of you can help me out
I'm willing to pay for your entrance(one day),your fee for doing this for me and of course shipping costs.
thanks
Lem
P.S. I also would be willing to trade this favor for props. the props I have to offer are my bram stokers dracula helmet or the gladiator helmet I have on the FS section. due to the high shipping cost for this helmets I would only trade for one helmet. No entrace fee or fee for doing it will be offered just one helmet and the shipping costs for the helmet of your choice.

I have a poster and a bio that I would like to get signed( the stunt P1 by Steve and the poster by any member that has participated in the predators films )
You might want to hold off the P1 Stunt for another time the poster though is cool I myself am getting things signed by Tom Woodruff that I had forgotten about last year and by Derek Mears respectfully I paid $50 for the whole weekend for me I don't want to miss anything this time

Awesome post, Monsterpalooza is a huge show and the best one to ever come. I hope to meet and see all you guys attending. If you have anything you want signed please stop by and I will be happy to sign any Predators or Avp R stuff. Happy new years to all!!!!

-Casey

Awesome post, Monsterpalooza is a huge show and the best one to ever come. I hope to meet and see all you guys attending. If you have anything you want signed please stop by and I will be happy to sign any Predators or Avp R stuff. Happy new years to all!!!!

-Casey
Greatly appreciated Casey I know I wlll I have a few items just a poster and a book nothing major that I will briing with me.

I won't be able to attend Monsterpalooza. It turns out I have a schedule conflict with another trip that's scheduled for the same time. I should have known about this possibility when I first made a reservation.

Please remove me from the list in the first post.

I won't be able to attend Monsterpalooza. It turns out I have a schedule conflict with another trip that's scheduled for the same time. I should have known about this possibility when I first made a reservation.

Please remove me from the list in the first post.
Appreciate the update Elkman I will remove you from the first post as an attendee maybe next year then. If there is anyone else not planning on going or anything has changed please let me know.

After all of the info Guanthwei collected on the event, after talking with George about it, and after a couple of emails between myself and Elliot Brodsky (the guy who puts on Monsterpalooza every year), I am definitely going to attend. Here's the message I received from Elliot last weekend:

Carl,
The Winston School is supposed to pull together two presentations. One is devoted to Stan and the new school on Saturday.
The other is supposed to be a Predator Crew presentation on Sunday.
I will be connecting with Matt Winston in the next week concerning these programs.

The Winston School has a booth for the weekend, I believe different instructors will be sitting in off and on during the weekend.
Brian Steele and Derek Mears are scheduled to do a "Predators Speak" presentation on Sunday.

We had Sonny Landham as a scheduled guest but he unfortunately had to cancel. I hope to have Mr. Landham at a future show...a great guy.

Eliot Brodsky
Monsterpalooza

I asked Eiliot if any new developments occur, that he please let me know, but I'm sure Guanthwei will be one of the first to know and post them here. If it weren't for the fact that the cast members either haven't gotten back to us or Elliot, or that they desire huge appearance fees, a truly nice 25th Predator Anniversary presentation may have been possible. But let's remember one thing, the Predator folks that really inspire us are the artists who have worked on these films. AND THEY WILL BE THERE. A BIG thanks to Elliot and Matt Winston for getting pred crew members to attend the show, I can't wait.

After all of the info Guanthwei collected on the event, after talking with George about it, and after a couple of emails between myself and Elliot Brodsky (the guy who puts on Monsterpalooza every year), I am definitely going to attend. Here's the message I received from Elliot last weekend:
If it weren't for the fact that the cast members either haven't gotten back to us, or that they desire huge appearance fees, a truly nice 25th Predator Anniversary presentation may have been possible. But let's remember one thing, the Predator folks that really inspire us are the artists who have worked on these films. AND THEY WILL BE THERE. I can't wait.
Thanks for the info Carl that is fantastic news coming from the event coordinator I will take his quote and place it on the top post just as an update for things to come for the event.

Great up-date news! Sounds like it's still going to be more than worth while to attend, even without the Predator 1987 guest stars. I still plan on going, I'm gonna be cutting it close, but attending this is still in my plans.
~Estelle

Great up-date news! Sounds like it's still going to be more than worth while to attend, even without the Predator 1987 guest stars. I still plan on going, I'm gonna be cutting it close, but attending this is still in my plans.
~Estelle
Clock is ticking Estelle You only have one more month let before the event :D

I hope you people who attend have a great time, and everyone exceeds youre expectations.

jealous i cannot get over, but sometimes in life the bills come 1st.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back