Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge - Captain Dread's Map

Being a Monkey Island fan since my childhood I wanted to have something real from it (Guess, most of you know what I mean :) ) Having no workshop and not being super skilled in craftsmanship, I needed something simple. As I played it the last time, I saw this map Captain Dread is using to "navigate".

So what to do was quite simple: Print out the map (Got it from scummrev), prepare the folds and age it with coffee. Unfortunately, it turned out, that the acid in the coffee both damaged the paper and the red color pigments. Nonetheless, I love the result, because it looks very authentic to me.

Learning 1: Neutralize the acid in the coffee before using it for aging. Learning 2: Check that the ink is not almost gone before you start to print the second, super promising approach and waste a sheet of aged paper..

monkey-island-2-map-diy.jpg

monkey-island-karte-selber-machen.jpg

lucasarts-karte-selber-machen.jpg

le-chucks-revenge-map.jpg

karte-antik-diy.jpg

schatzkarte-selber-machen.jpg

diy-schatzkarte.jpg

The last step I did was to singe the edges slightly to give it some "pirateness".

papier-altern-feuer.jpg

And the final result with some atmosphere:

monkey-island-2-dreads-karte.jpg

And that's it - Hope you like it :)

Well done. Some of my favourite gaming memories come from these games. This is a great idea.

I hope you celebrated with a can of Grog!

Nice. I wish someone would make a high res map. I really love the games, so I made a list of props to replicate, but sadly never had the time to do it.

Same with the Broken Sword franchise... I just love videogame props, especially from Adventures...

Hi folks,

thanks for the warm words, I appreciate that!

I wish someone would make a high res map
I am rather happy that it is that pixelated :) To me, it's closer to the game. That's what I wanted to achieve. I just found a vector graphic of the isle from Treasure Island. I guess this will be the next one..

Same with the Broken Sword franchise...
Oh man - you are so right. I love this series - at least the first two parts. There's a lot of stuff that could be done

Last edited:
Very cool! The first game was one of the first PC games I ever had. I still haven't played the second! I have it on Steam, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Nice. I wish someone would make a high res map. I really love the games, so I made a list of props to replicate, but sadly never had the time to do it.

Same with the Broken Sword franchise... I just love videogame props, especially from Adventures...

One could probably grab a snapshot from the remastered version and do a color print?

One could probably grab a snapshot from the remastered version and do a color print?
This was so annoying. I was doing exactly this. Then the laptop said the printer would be offline (what sometimes happens). I restarted the laptop, wanted to insert another of those prepared sheets of paper, and what did I see? The print had been started, but obviously stopped when I restarted the laptop.

Afterward, the color ink was so low that the printer decided to only print black. And the next cartridges will not come before November :-(

Last edited:
The problem is, that you can see the folding lines, shadows and of course Guybrush's hands. I would rather have a clean version and age it for myself.

The problem is, that you can see the folding lines, shadows and of course Guybrush's hands. I would rather have a clean version and age it for myself.
Given it's a drawing by the makers of the game, you can be reasonably sure there is no version without folding lines, etc., at least none ever released to the public. A little Photoshop editing might improve things a bit, though.

Hands Removed:

Monkey Island 2 Map fix1.jpg

Folding Lines Reduced:

Monkey Island 2 Map fix2.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back