MonCal TIE Helmet - Additions..

tubachris85x

Master Member
Not a particularly informative thread, but wanted to share this last piece I got to work on for a local. He's been trooping in it for awhile now but wanted to add some of the accent markings seen on the originals. While no single helmet had all of these accents, this is what he wanted. Doing a bit of research determined humbrol #53 Gunmetal to be what was more than likely used for the originals, hand painted of course...so that's what I did! Owner was very happy with the results

MHEiE4b.jpg

ziGr0cW.jpg

N7aWHys.jpg

-TC

That looks excellent. I also went with Humbrol 53 on my SDS after a bit of research. I nearly used Rover Gunmetal spray which is very close if you prefer to spray it on, but in the end I decided brushing was the only way to go.

I love how the silver details really bring the helmets to life.
kbtie9.jpg

Why did AA add that extra small greeblie on the side of his TIE helmets? Was it on some but not all the originals for ANH?

Why did AA add that extra small greeblie on the side of his TIE helmets? Was it on some but not all the originals for ANH?
He didn't add it, I did, just because I had some spare vintage parts and I liked the look of them on the original prototype helmet.

I also replaced the imperial discs, forehead greeblies and 'pill box' with original vintage parts, and the trident with Moncal's.

To you guys that hand painted the details. I've been having trouble spraying mine. No matter how I tried it causes the paint to crack. How hard is it to control the thickness while painting?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back