molding process

Cavaler Urban

the time has come to make the mold for my bio!:p
a few days ago I bought a bucket of silicon, a few liters of resin and fiberglass !
yesterday I made an attempt on an small object( a shouder bell) to see how it works!
today I beggan to prepare the bio for molding!
a few pictures here of what i've done;
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

this is the shoulder bell coated in silicon and prepared for the next step ;the fiberglass shell!
9.jpg

I'll update this topic next days!

here's the shoulder bell's mold ( my first mold ever!!! :p )and the model I sculpted in clay!
next step ;I'll cast it in fiberglass! and make mold for my bio!
DSC09788.jpg

DSC09787.jpg

DSC09786.jpg

DSC09785.jpg

I know this is a litlle bit off topic ,but hey ;this is my topic, but has conexion yet with what I show here!
this is the first pull of a shoulder bell , it's well done except a few air bubles! the white spots are dust from trimming process ,not captured air!
DSC09798.jpg

DSC09799.jpg

DSC09800.jpg

DSC09801.jpg

tomorow I'll trimmed better cause is needed!o_O

this is the finall result ,I paint it just for fun I'm not even happy with those teeth white!I imagine that in colors of old copper ,shyni metal ( teeths) an dark brown!
DSC09802.jpg

DSC09805.jpg

DSC09803.jpg

later I'll post some pict with the next step in molding process for the bio!

I just charged my camera so ;
DSC09807.jpg

DSC09808.jpg

DSC09809.jpg

don't do this like me ; see the shape of the silicon mold?!?! it's conical!now this is wrong in case you want the fiberglass shell to one piece!I assumed the risk and I made the shell in one piece! I hope to get out from the silicon mold easy!
I'll be back! o_O
I almost forgott ;that piece of woods is legs I made for stability when I'll cast the piece!

I dod somthing similiar when trying to make a bio. Used the ultracal and just mad it too thick and it got stuck in there. had to drop it on the floor to shatter it and get it out. hope it goes well. I would buy the sholder bell as is. Looks really nice

I dod somthing similiar when trying to make a bio. Used the ultracal and just mad it too thick and it got stuck in there. had to drop it on the floor to shatter it and get it out. hope it goes well. I would buy the sholder bell as is. Looks really nice
thanks man, I hope the things will be ok! anyway is not a big mistake in this case, it can be fixed!
from that mold I will pull about 10 piece of shoulder bells, I'll keep for me two of them for my armour so if you want one I can sell it for 25 $ ,painted like that or whatever you want, the shipping will be about 16$ more!
o_O

hi there impaiatu awesome work on the shoulder bell and bio you may find that you can get alot more pulls from that mould than you think iam in the middle of finishing my bio mold and the silicone that iam usesing is rtv and they say you can get as meny as 150 pulls to a mold good luck with it all i cant wait to see the bio casted

hi there impaiatu awesome work on the shoulder bell and bio you may find that you can get alot more pulls from that mould than you think iam in the middle of finishing my bio mold and the silicone that iam usesing is rtv and they say you can get as meny as 150 pulls to a mold good luck with it all i cant wait to see the bio casted
thank you smasher, this good news!o_O this silicon is rtv also but my supliers told me that I cannot pull more than 10 pieces from a mold! I hope you are right!
thanks alot again! :lol:

well, this is the finall step! the mold is almost perfect , has some thin spots but I'll fix that next days ,for this I have to brush on some silicon and make another fiberglass shell!
take a look at the first pull ,I trimmed it a litlle and put the lasers on but in the next days I'll work on it and show you my project!
but for now ;I CAN BREATH IN HUMAN ATMOSPHERE! o_O
DSC09810.jpg

DSC09813.jpg

DSC09814.jpg

DSC09815.jpg

DSC09817.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back