Molding a gauntlet...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ssloun

Hi guys, I just began sculpting a computer gauntlet, but the problem is Im not sure about the mold.
I figured out that a 2 part mold will be requiered , but Im not sure where the dividing line should be.

Any help will be greatly apreciated

Thanks, Joseph

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

smasher

Hi guys, I just began sculpting a computer gauntlet, but the problem is Im not sure about the mold.
I figured out that a 2 part mold will be requiered , but Im not sure where the dividing line should be.

Any help will be greatly apreciated

Thanks, Joseph
right well mines not finished yet but iam doing a 1 part mold with a key both sides then once the mother mold is done i will zig zag cut down 1 side of the key

Uratz

That's a great tip Smasher! Now I know how to mold the damn thing! - Now how do u cast it?

hez1

I would recommend doing this...when molding, leave a pour hole in the mold at one end of the gauntlet (preferably the larger end). At the other end, block up the hole, and cover it with silicone. In effect, if you were to make a one piece mold, your mold would look like a cup. Then simply pour in the resin and slush cast...I did something similar with Halo armor pieces.