Mold making

H

Hunterpred210

I think i have been applying the plaster to my mask wrong please somone tell me if this is correct.

After making the clay wall flange I apply plasterto one side of the sculpt first...wait till it sets ( I usually have been building both walls at the same time but could never get the molds to close) After the first half sets take of the clay flange then grease up the sides of the first half thats hard and apply more plaster to the second half. Do these molds slpt aprt easy or sohlud i have something wedged between them as im doing the second half?

after you do the first half, remove the clay wall. Then put a release on the part of the first half where the second half will meet...also put a few clay markers where you can stick a screwdriver in on the edge so you can pry it apart when your done. Dont put anything between the two halves except the mold release.

Thanks alot crazy clayer my only question is for the clay markers when wedging them with a screwdriver is that to pry the plaster from the second half or is it just to make the clay split apart inside the mold ( the release on the edges wont let the plaster adheire to it at all correct? i would think wedging the screwdriver could possibly crack the mold?

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back