Moebius Space Pod Kit Announced

Richard Baker

Sr Member
https://culttvman.com/main/2001-eva-pod-coming-from-moebius-models/

"Big news from Moebius Models! They are producing a 1:8 scale, 10 inch tall model of the EVA Pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey. This model will feature a detailed interior, and is designed for lighting. Look for this in late 2018 if all goes well. "

Moebius initially have a very limited license to produce 2001 kits- they were able to re-release the Orion and Moonbus in addition to the new tool Discovery but it looked like that was all they could do before it expired.
Pegasus has bought Moebius and it appears that license is now extended- hopefully we might see an Aties 1b kit sometime as well.

I have the wonderful Captain Cardboard/Atomic City 1:12 Pod kit and the 15" Aries kit (on a perpetual waiting list from PreOrder), but I really prefer Styrene over resin as a medium. This Moebius kit is bigger and only $144.95- from it's size anf the weird pricing for the Kelvin I was expecting them to charge a lot more for a kit like this.

Last edited:
Typical! After fifteen years of having the Captain Cardboard resin kit and starting it last year, another one comes along.

Pre-ordered and waiting eagerly.

Monsters in motion have it listed for about 159 dollars

In the UK wonderland models 239 pounds! Which is approaching 300 dollars, what a joke!

Z

Cult TV Man processed my order this week. I'm having shipping delayed because I need to travel, but the price was $144+taxes&shipping.

It's £189.95 on Jumblies.

And why a joke? If you buy it from the US, you have to pay shipping for a large box, plus VAT, plus handling. So it's not that far off.

i bought mine from cultTVman, didn't know if i wanted it or not... the price is above my preset limit, but i do like the EVA pod, one of my favorites... long story short, mine is supposed to arrive monday... same price as kamandi. If i don't like it, its going on Ebay... i spent years waiting for one of the Atomic City resin kits to become available at a decent price, so if i have to get rid of the Moebius, so be it.

239 is too big of a mark up,

189 is getting more realistic. If jumblies are still making a profit on 189 it proves my point of a rip off. (I know its a pre order price)

Talking of which has anyone delt with jumblies before? Are they a legit company?never heard of them in all my years.

Z

Just arrived from CultTVMan:
dGDieAN.jpg

oWu1lnJ.jpg

Next to Bandai 1:144 scale Falcon for comparison:
qY4tOXt.jpg

got the kit too!! deciding how many of the upgrade things are needed!? what I do need... is a 1/8 WHOLE astronaut!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back