Moebius raider with roving eye and flicking engines

cylon75

HI people, although this is my second raider its the 1st with a working eye and engines. A Mr Anthony Hughes designed the eye and engines and he was kind enough to share it with other people and sell his creation, which i am so glad because i was really hoping someone would make this lighting kit it would be ashamed to make the model and not have this kit.
I not really going nuts with assembly pic because i did on the 1st one but here's some quick shots- I actually stated this a couple days ago and this is the first chance i have had to start the wip.

010-21.jpg

011-26.jpg

015-49.jpg

012-26.jpg

016-19.jpg

Head piece detail:
008-25.jpg

022-22.jpg

020-14.jpg

022-22.jpg

Not that you can see it in a still but they do flicker:
018-35.jpg

Hi Cylon,
looking good! that eye is going to be awsome. I recognized the 2313 chip right away. :) I am in the middle of a TOS Galactica build and I have already programmed a couple that will be controlling the lighting in her as well. How smooth does the chaser effect look? I just got a bigger chip today which allows me to control more LEDs as the 2313 for about the same amount of space, and I will be doing a chaser for the landing bays where one comes on and the two (or possibly more) LEDs behind it gradually fade out.

great build you have going, I will be staying tuned.

Hi Cylon,
looking good! that eye is going to be awsome. I recognized the 2313 chip right away. :) I am in the middle of a TOS Galactica build and I have already programmed a couple that will be controlling the lighting in her as well. How smooth does the chaser effect look? I just got a bigger chip today which allows me to control more LEDs as the 2313 for about the same amount of space, and I will be doing a chaser for the landing bays where one comes on and the two (or possibly more) LEDs behind it gradually fade out.

great build you have going, I will be staying tuned.
Very smooth, looks nice i will be posting a video when im done because pictures just don't give you the full effect.

Its all together in one piece now. How ever i had one small issue i put the engines on the wrong side but i was able to separate it and correct it. I also added some missing detail in the guns area and the main body behind the head section.

Light block:
023-22.jpg

025-18.jpg

Detail:
032-2.jpg

036-14.jpg

038-13.jpg

First I want to thank a Mr Anthony Hughes for making this kit to light the raider, It adds so much to this model.This is the 2nd kit that i have made 1st with the roving eye .I also added some detail around the guns and the main body right behind the head. Here's the finished shots of this raider lit and none lit. Don't forget to click on the link for a 2 min video of it working.

None lit:
031.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

Lit shots:
090.jpg

044.jpg

047.jpg

054.jpg

048.jpg

Watch it here:
Video link: Moebius raider with roving eye and flicking engines - YouTube

Last edited:
I love the paint and weathing on this model--well done!! One of the best raider paint jobs I've seen. The only thing that would have made this build with the lighting kit better would have to made it the "Scar" raider! :thumbsup

I love the paint and weathing on this model--well done!! One of the best raider paint jobs I've seen. The only thing that would have made this build with the lighting kit better would have to made it the "Scar" raider! :thumbsup
Thanks , i already have a scar version but its not lightable and this moebius model is not the right version to make one out of.

has anyone made the Mark 1 raider? I actually prefer the look of it to the newer one

Bad Azz makes a 1/24 scale but he wants to much money as he dose for every thing. But i believe brad hair productions makes a conversion kit to turn this into scar which is the other style.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back