Moebius Models : Ironman Mark VI 1:8 scale Work In Progress

XBlackLight

I picked one of these kits up recently, partially because it was the one single Mk6 model in the middle of a pile of MkIII's.... partially because the MkVI is my favourite design of suit after the Mk39 Gemini.... and mostly because it had been price-marked down to £12.95 from £29.95 at a trade-stand ;)

I'm mainly going to be painting this as a 'training exercise' in how to use an airbrush - it literally arrived this morning and have spent the last couple of hours or so figuring out how to use it, and then applying the undercoat and metallics. We'll have to see how it goes, but am relatively impressed with it so far :cool

Please excuse the state of my desk / quality of the pics - for some reason i've misplaced my 10mpix digital camera, so the cam on my phone will have to do.

Assembled, unpainted and sat on the base.
2013-07-13 16.34.55.jpg

Undercoat of 'hobby store' dark grey, followed by another coat of hobby-store mid gold, using the airbrush that I had delivered this morning.
2013-07-16 13.29.28.jpg2013-07-16 13.30.13.jpg

The grey undercoat and gold mid-coat are a little on the patchy side - i'm defo gonna have to lay another good coat of gold (or three) down before I start masking off areas. After that, should come a few light coats of transparent red to get the 'race car red' candy apple colourscheme that was done in the movies... but that's for another day as I have to head to work soon :)

Anyways - please let me know what you think.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back