Moebius Models Iron Man Mk VI

Muzza

Sr Member
1/8 scale Moebius Iron Man fitted with 5 LED lights 2 for the eyes, one for the chest and one in each hand. An easy kit to build and paint with some great detail, I still have a wash to apply to bring out the detail to his arms and chest and some silver to a couple of spots.
I have wired the LEDs to a plug in the base and connected with a 3V battery.
The figure stands 10 1/2" - 267mm tall incuding the base.

Last edited:
Sweet..... Now if only you could apply this energy into dalek building. I've seen this up close folks and the pix just don't do it justice.

Muzza,

That looks really nice.. Great paint job and lighting!! If I may ask one question did you cut the inner chest triangle out to get the led in there? Since the model was made or cast with the half circle fitting right behind the chest.. I have been wondering where or what to remove for the light without messing up the lighting.

Again looks really nice..

Mike

Mike,

I had to drill though the main body right be hind the ARC reactor in the chest armor.
the cest armor has a triangle already cut into it and the they give you the white triangle to go in it.
Do you have the kit already?
I did use some special LED for the hands and eyes.

thank you for your kind comments

Muzza

Yes, I have the kit I cut all the parts off the spruce last night sanded a little and washed everything. I see where they have the triangle on the inner chest piece that would need cut but I want to try and keep the fitting behind it. I thought of not lighting the kit but after seeing how good yours looks I thought again.. I ordered two small leds for the hands a large one for the chest and will put a med in the head for the eyes.. I was going to use a little clear blue around the edges of the eyes.

What color red did you use this is the first model that I am going for shine non flat star wars look..

Again looks great! If mine turns out decent I may even order the older kit..

Mike,
The colour was the Tamyia matalic red and gold and AS-12 for the silver all spray cans
Plus I have coated it with one can of Tamyia gloss clear.

The LED I used for the hands are a small flat square type I will post some pics tonight of the LEDs

Cool, thanks for all the info.. I would like to check the lights out that you used. Gonna pick up some more paint this weekend and hope I get sometime to airbrush a few coats on.. Again I am glad I got to see your build before building my own.. Thanks for posting.

These are the LEDs I used for the hands and behind the eyes. You dont have to use them behind the eyes as ther is enough room to use conventional Led Lamps, but these are the only ones that would fit in the hands.
I used a 5mm for the chest.

Wow, those are some small LEDs, the ones I used were a little bigger and I had to use the dremmel a bit in each hand to make room.. I orderd mine before this post and wish I would have gottten ones like these but managed to fanangle mine in the hands and was able to snap them together.. I am getting ready to paint now.

post more pics!! I want to see that shine.. Hope its ok I have another thread but I will post a pic here of mine in a few of where I'm at.

Thanks,

Mike

Where I am at.. I'ts gone to kill me not to do more work on this for four to five days but I want let it sit and let that enamel cure or settle.. I don't want any finger prints as I apply the other colors. Then I will clear coat.

ironman3.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g382/youngwm/iron man/ironman2.jpg

I used a Boyd Red from MM. I thinned the paint real good the pics I posted are hours after I painted so and still have a wet look.. Thanks, its been a fun build I hope I still get that metal look and all syncs together then I can't wait to clear coat.

I just saw some clips of the Avengers movie and noticed some gold on his back as well what a bugger looks like some more masking, paiting and clear coating in my future.

I've been thinking about picking one of these kits up and have been wondering if it's possible to light it up. Looks like it is! From most I've seen so far, I thought that chest triangle and hand circles were molded right into the pieces but glad to hear they have separate white pieces that can be lit from behind.

Fantastic looking models! Can't wait to pick one up now.

I've been thinking about picking one of these kits up and have been wondering if it's possible to light it up. Looks like it is! From most I've seen so far, I thought that chest triangle and hand circles were molded right into the pieces but glad to hear they have separate white pieces that can be lit from behind.

Fantastic looking models! Can't wait to pick one up now.

Just remember there is not alot of room behind the hands that is why I used the flat square LED lights.

Just remember there is not alot of room behind the hands that is why I used the flat square LED lights.

Yeah. They look like 3mm(?) square?

Was there a particular color you used? I know some leds have the white, super bright, etc...

I don't wanna get something too bright and turn his eyes into little flashlights, heh.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back