Moebius Bat-Pod 1:25

Darth Kohli

Hey guys,

Popping my thread cherry by posting about my build of this little kit.
I'm a noob modeller and welcome any advice/critisim.

It's a pretty small build to be fair, about 6 inches or so. It's fairly accurate, there are a few things missing as I understand it, not sure if I'm up to the challenge of scratch building.

Started with the engine sub assembly, the usual sand, fit and prime...

71e07803.jpg

e4b21894.jpg

1e1f88ab.jpg

Ended up making the other subs as instructed, knowing i wanted to slightly weather the engine, I didn't glue anything that would obscure my access. Dry fitted the subs together to get a look at the bigger picture...

e26651a5.jpg

b2a26338.jpg

Sprayed the pod in Tamiya metallic black, out of the can btw, will move on to airbrushing when I can afford it. Wanted to spray the guns, engine cover and arm guards in Tamiya metallic silver but that's going for £15 per can...went with their bare metal spray instead.

Painted gun barrels black, the paint guide on the instructions are a little off, used some reference screenshots to know which parts are painted silver. I also used the Tamiya weathering kit and brushed a little silver over the foot pedals and parts of the engine as I wanted a subtle weather, doesnt really show on camera though...

4cd80e28.jpg

6856b070.jpg

From the promo pics of the batpod, the tyres have worn look, used the sand colours from the tamiya weathering kit, then hit it with a matt coat

75bc462b.jpg

Last edited:
I have an "in-progress" of one of these going too, and yours serves as great inspiration. Very nice attention to detail, fine work!!

Cheers buddy, while making this I'm aware there are a few more details you can add to this kit to get it to really pop, i haven't really attempted them as this is the first time i've ever built a model. To be honest, Battlestar Galactica and Mass Effect keep getting in the way...

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but do you think those 1:25 wheels would make good replacements for the clownshoes on the 1:18 Hotwheels Tumbler?

I know it's been a little while but does this kit include a batman figure as well?

Looks like the 1:25 Tumbler is coming this July.

Wow. It took me forever to track down an aoshima time machine with Marty. Even if they don't come with the kits I'm glad manufacturers are making figures available.

Thanks again to the op for the look at the Pod. I really like the tire weathering, are they rubber?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back