Moebius Advanced Cylon Raider --DONE--

cylon75

This is my build of my Moebius advanced raider Its a nice kit i would like to put a roving eye in it, but I'm not that talented so i will have to wait to see if someone will make a kit that will do that. If that happens i will make another raider that i can put a roving eye in. Until than I'm going to put a static eye in this one to mimic the scan done to Anders in season 4 and also light the engines. Kinda started putting some of it together before i shot these pictures so some of this dose not come together as shown.

017-14.jpg

Glued in nut so i can support it and run the wires for lights in a tube:
021-7.jpg

018-12.jpg

027-4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Moebius Advanced Cylon Raider

I've got to get one of those kits. I've got a larger version in the works, but still.... I keep waiting for them to put out the Cylon.... Frakk! LOL!

This goes together really quick all the odds and ends installed. Next will be shots of the lighting ,and what i do to make that work.

005-42.jpg

Bottom piece not glued yet:
001-59.jpg

003-52.jpg

Just picked up this kit last weekend. I was surprised at how big it really was.
It looks like it'll go together quick, which I like, but the paint and lights, that's a whole other story. looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

OK its time to get modified for lights I bought 3mm led's for it (2 white and 1 red)I haven't received the red one yet in the mail
1st made a blank piece to put the led in, made it at the end of the engine piece to be just in front of the clear lens.

009-34.jpg

021-26.jpg

022-20.jpg

024-9.jpg

For the eye I made a piece that goes right behind the eye opening and drilled a hole in it in the middle of the opening, still have some work to do here i have to seal it off after i get the led in it .

013-22.jpg

015-14.jpg

018-13.jpg

This shot is of the seam that was fixed and you can also see the end of the guns that i drilled out to make it look a little more real.

027-18.jpg

Got the engines done now and installed working on the eye piece. Got my paint in today so I will prime it soon. Still waiting for the red led for the eye to show up in the mail,cant do much on that until it dose.

009-35.jpg

007-30.jpg

012-23.jpg

015-15.jpg

017-15.jpg

001-60.jpg

003-53.jpg

Hi Cylon,

I am not sure if it isn't too late but it shouldn't be too hard to put a "eye" in... all you need is a LED chaser with about 5 or so LEDs... there are alot of sets like this on the market, you would just have to make sure that they go back & forth instead of chasing and starting at the beginning again. Just "chasing" back & forth would be the simple variation, if you wanted it to look more realistic, each LED should blink on and when the next LED turns on it should fade out to create that well known cylon look. That is not that much more complicated, just requires a little better chip.

check out my Galactica thread, just last night I programmed the chaser for the launch bay.

Jason

Last edited:

Hi Cylon,

I am not sure if it isn't too late but it shouldn't be too hard to put a "eye" in... all you need is a LED chaser with about 5 or so LEDs... there are alot of sets like this on the market, you would just have to make sure that they go back & forth instead of chasing and starting at the beginning again. Just "chasing" back & forth would be the simple variation, if you wanted it to look more realistic, each LED should blink on and when the next LED turns on it should fade out to create that well known cylon look. That is not that much more complicated, just requires a little better chip.

check out my Galactica thread, just last night I programmed the chaser for the launch bay.

Jason

The area is really small not sure if theirs enough room so im kinda of waiting to see if someone makes one that will work and i will just buy one and build another one,as for now its going to be a static eye as when it scanned Anders in season 4 .
Thanks for the heads up but my ability to do lighting is very limited. If you could make one and sell it im sure you could make a killing ,every one i know is looking for one.

Got a lot done this afternoon,my red led came in for the eye. I installed that and was able to prime it and a coat of color. As far as the eye if your doing a static eye as i am bring the led right to the middle of the eye opening directly behind it if you don't you wont be able to see the light from the sides.
Here's some progress shots:

007-31.jpg

Primed shots

008-22.jpg

011-25.jpg

Color coat

013-23.jpg

009-36.jpg

014-14.jpg

Eye placement detail

004-51.jpg

020-12.jpg

022-21.jpg

Lit eye

016-16.jpg

017-16.jpg

019-13.jpg

Very nice work, I have finished on this week as well.

Last edited:

I was able to shove all the wires in the the limited space, so it is now all together in one piece. Now have the detail painting and the odds & ends left to do.

Head piece seal off:
002-52.jpg

Wiring shots:
004-52.jpg

005-43.jpg

1st lit shots:
010-20.jpg

008-23.jpg

Over night progress. Detail painted on under side and the odds and ends taken care of ( missing detail around the guns)

013-24.jpg

015-16.jpg

017-30.jpg

Got the top of the raider painted today so all the paint work is done,and worked on the stand for it. Weathering next!

013-25.jpg

023-21.jpg

017-31.jpg

009-37.jpg

027-19.jpg

The stand:
016-17.jpg

Weathered and attached to the base. Look for beauty shots coming in a day or so.

None lite shots:
003-54.jpg

005-44.jpg

008-24.jpg

012-24.jpg

025-17.jpg

054.jpg

035-2.jpg

045-7.jpg

Lite shots:
019-31.jpg

013-26.jpg

020-13.jpg

021-27.jpg

033-16.jpg

051.jpg

Nice. Looks amazing! I have a Cylon circuit in anticipation a year ago, complete with sound, but after getting the kit realized its wayyyyy too big. If I can figure that out, I can show you a moving eye lol.

These are the finished shots of my advanced cylon raider from moebius. I lit the eye (none roving) and engines. Some people are working on a moving eye and if someone makes one for sale i will be doing another one,for know heres the shots of this one.

None lit:
121-1.jpg

203.jpg

127-1.jpg

157.jpg

116-1.jpg

101-3.jpg

122-1.jpg

114.jpg

073-3.jpg

208.jpg

Lit:
200.jpg

167.jpg

143.jpg

155.jpg

108-1.jpg

141.jpg

149.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back