Modifying an AA Star Trek: III Phaser (Mostly done!)

Re: WIP: Modifying an AA Star Trek: III Phaser

Thanks. The dark metallic copper looks great in person and gives it a heavier look, LOL.

I wanted to do something different with the emitter and top plate since I've seen some repaints w/ silver instead.

Thanks! It only took a few hours due to the drying time of the dark copper paint. :)

I repainted the emitter and curved top plate with a light coat of silver, as I didn't like it after-all, LOL.

Has anyone else done a repaint or mod to theirs yet? I'd like to see what others have done, myself. :)

All I can say are 2 things sir....Nicely done , and secondly , THE NEEDS OF THE MANY , OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW , OR THE ONE !!!....THANKS FOR SHOWING

May I ask what product you're using to fill the screw holes and seams? I'd like to start my own repaint this week and was going to go with some milliput.

May I ask what product you're using to fill the screw holes and seams? I'd like to start my own repaint this week and was going to go with some milliput.

I used standard model putty, in this case "Squadron Products" White Putty from the hobby store. It seems to work pretty well...

(Just a re-paint? No belt clip?)

Been a long time I've procrastinated finishing this thread!

Right!

Here we go- pretty much this sucker is done, and ready for costume use:

Here, the phaser can be seen being worn with the standard issue Starfleet (Wrath of Khan era) phaser belt, that appears in no films whatsoever. The clip also works well with the belt on the Monster Maroon jacket (and if I had one, I'd put up a photo of that, too!) or with a pants pocket or waistband.

Overall, I'm very happy with how this came out. I still prefer the phaser appearing to magically stick to the pants or belt rather than using a holster....

Thanks for reading!

Nice job on the phaser, and that's an interesting belt. Did you make it?

Thanks, I did!

It is basically patterned off the early season 1 TOS phaser belt, just done in black vinyl (with a microsuede back) for that TWOK uniform feel. It also has a magnet sewn into the back, so my communicator will stick to it as well.

It is not at all cannon, but it works pretty well.

Felgacarb,

How much did the custom part cost? Would you share type 3d/cad file so I can order one too?

- Shannon

Ran into Felgacarb and got to see this phaser first-hand at the Vegas con last weekend - still think it's the most clever STIII phaser mod ever! Have a phaser clip added to my cart at Shapeways just waiting for my next order. :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back