IMG_0457.jpg.gif

IMG_0448.jpg.gif

IMG_0458.jpg.gif

IMG_0467.jpg.gif

IMG_0459.jpg.gif

Celtic3.jpg.gif

IMG_0456.jpg.gif

IMG_0465.jpg.gif

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have been trying to upload the rest of my pics into a gallery but I keep getting an error to upload.

That's one stunning Bio!
I have to ask... What method do you use to attach the laser modules to the housing and get them to line up so well?
Thanks.
Christian.

That's one stunning Bio!
I have to ask... What method do you use to attach the laser modules to the housing and get them to line up so well?
Thanks.
Christian.

Christian,

I use a stick of Kleen Clay, Apoxy Sculpt and a small file. The first thing you wanna do is scuff up the back half of the laser casings on each laser with a file. Next, you are going to embed 2 of the lasers half way into the clay and hook them up to a power supply and point them at a wall about 20 feet away. Now measure the distance between each laser dot on the wall and make sure it matches the same distance of the actual modules that are embedded in the clay. Once you have them set in the proper place mix up a little bit of the apoxy sculpt and lay it over the top of the scuffed up area on the modules. After you do this you might have to readjust the modules as they will most likely have moved out of place. Let the Apoxy Sculpt set for 24 hrs and mix up another small batch of Apoxy and lay it on top of the first 2 modules and press the 3rd module into place, add more apoxy all the way around the 3rd module and measure the distance of the 3rd dot on the wall to match the distance of the module. Again, readjust periodically as they will most likely move slightly out of place. Let cure for 24 hrs. Remove from clay, add more apoxy to the bottom of the 2 laser modules that were embedded in the clay and let cure. If need be, tape off the lenses and use a dremel to remove any excess apoxy so they will be able to fit into the helmet housing. Slightly dremel out your tri-laser piece and attach it to the end of your aligned lasers with some hot glue making sure not to get any on the lenses.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back