modelkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely unusual for me – but this is a Narin Predator sculpt that I don’t like. There has to be a first time for everything I guess.

Hope you do get the numbers you need to produce it though.

looks pretty sweet. pose reminds e of that Green bay Packers player thread that was up a few weeks back.

Thats his name. Thanks doode.

Yeah, I personally like this pred version. Looks like a real juggernaut.

I love Narin's work, but I'm not feeling this sculpt at all.

That pose is totally unnatural and about as un-Predator as you can get.

I am having a hard time liking this one also.

I mean it's a cool sculpt, but I don't believe a Predator would be so boastful as to pull a muscle builder pose. Not happening. :D

I too, like the others, do not like this sculpt. It's not the quality of the sculpt, the quality is quite excellent and always, but it just has a bad pose. As far as I know predators use their mandibles and teeth to boast, not by showing off their muscles.

As usual, I'll be the odd man out and say I like this one, I actually like it. Not a typical Predator pose at all, but it just looks cool as heck. I like how he's got his wrist blades out as well, this will look really good once painted up. If I had the loot to spend, I'd get one of these.

I was chatting offline to another buddy of mine, and we had both come to the same conclusion on our own - it reminds us both of an old Shawn Nagle piece called "Tribal Warrior" (rather unkindly got re-christened the "ballet-pred") http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/index...lbum&id=206

The tribal was indeed the beginning of this modelkit, Cedric ordered that tribal warrior, only received the torso. Cedric sent that torso to Narin and Narin created this one for Cedric from Predastore.

The tribal was indeed the beginning of this modelkit, Cedric ordered that tribal warrior, only received the torso. Cedric sent that torso to Narin and Narin created this one for Cedric from Predastore.

So did Narin use the Tribal torso, or is it a completely new sculpt BASED on the design of the Tribal?

Hi Patrick and Cedric.

I did a side-by-side comparison. As you can see for yourself, there is now little doubt that the “Tribal Warrior” torso and upper arms have been used as a direct part of this sculpt.

Using the original kit for a kitbash with newly sculpted elements is fine as a one-off, but unless you have the original sellers permission, it would be wrong to make copies and sell them – either publicly or privately.

What are your thoughts on this?

20110105predatortjenoli.jpg

20110105predatortjeline.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Collectors,

It is may be time to inform all of you, this kit is on my website www.predastore.ch and also on the official website of Narin.http://www.narinstudio.com/webGallery/2008/main2008.html

This kit is a model made by Shawn Nagle many many years ago, I purchase it on E-bay.com in 2005, when it reaches me, it was missing the legs, arms and display base. When I contact E-bay, the customer disappear.

I kindly ask Narin to transform this kit, as mentionned on my website, but I could produce this kit, as it was not 100 % made by my friend Narin, I offer the master to be sold, if someone was interested to have it. Mr. Argybay decide to have it, but the master was expansive for him, he decide that may be he wish to make several kits that several persons could have this model, and I inform him that minimum for a mould be 25 pces.

Then he decide to try to found some people interested to participate a this model, on this forum.

For information, I contact in 2005 Shawn Nagle to ask for several spares parts missing, until now he never answered, and I try again in 2009 to ask him to sculpt a kit for me, again no answer from him.

It is not a recast, as all the positions of the kit is different, but it is true the torso is from Shawn Nagle, but mouth, stomac, wrists, blades and diorama are from Narin.

Hoping this answer all your request and clarified the situation.

Sincerely yours,

Cedric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back