Modeling clay for a lightsasber project

LogansRunner

I'm planning on attempting to redo my sidious saber, but this time in clay and then casting it, my question is what the best type of clay and a price, I could spend around 30-40 maybe 50.
-thanks for the help in advance :)

You could start with an oil base non hardening clay, and cast it with plaster. Also, There are many polymer clays (sculpey III, super sculpey) you could use that are heat cured in household ovens, very handy. I reccomend the later.

Originally posted by incrediPAUL@Jul 11 2005, 09:12 AM
You could start with an oil base non hardening clay, and cast it with plaster. Also, There are many polymer clays (sculpey III, super sculpey) you could use that are heat cured in household ovens, very handy. I reccomend the later.
[snapback]1031022[/snapback]​
I second the sculpey. I use supersculpy and its great because you can work in layers. You can do part of the sculpt then bake it and add more to it later. It helps when you have a sculpt that may be off ballance or there is a chance you could mess up something you worked on already.

does supersculpey have any other names as im in england.

Originally posted by darthscifi+Jul 11 2005, 02:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthscifi @ Jul 11 2005, 02:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-incrediPAUL
@Jul 11 2005, 09:12 AM
I second the sculpey. I use supersculpy and its great because you can work in layers. You can do part of the sculpt then bake it and add more to it later. It helps when you have a sculpt that may be off ballance or there is a chance you could mess up something you worked on already.
[snapback]1031040[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by incrediPAUL@Jul 11 2005, 03:12 PM

ok how much does this stuff cost and where might I get it?
-thanks

Sculpey is pretty inexpensive. It comes both in little colored blocks (a little larger than a matchbox) for about a $1.50 each or for around $10 you can buy a large block of white clay. You can find it in the arts and crafts section at Wal-Mart or at Hobby Lobby.

Cheers,

Dave C

Yes, hobby stores around here in the states always have the little squares, sometimes the larger ones. I reccomend the larger blocks... more appropriate for your needs, plus more economical. The stuff I usually find is a flesh color.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back