Model kits used on Alien Narcissus harpoon gun?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm working on the Narcissus harpoon gun from the end of Alien. I've modelled most of the add-on parts as well as I could from the limited reference, but would much prefer to use the original parts. Many of them look like kit bashed parts (excluding the tape deck buttons) so I'm hoping some of you guys might recognize some of them.

These are two different props. Depending on what parts turn up, I might make mine a hybrid:
alien spear gun 1.jpg alien spear gun 2.jpg

Also there are these model kit parts on the control panels, might give clues to the parts on the harpoon gun?
alien model kit2.jpg alien model kit1.jpg

Yep, that Narcissus set was slapped together with a mish-mash of the Nostromo set in a few days...so same with those greeblies! Good luck!

The cigar shaped greeblie over the trigger looks like a WW2 bomb. 1/72 little boy?
The top rear piece on the spear gun looks similar to the greeblie that went into the CO2 chargers in the snowtrooper helmet. It was the underside of a button on an old tape recorder.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back