MMPR Pink Ranger build

Says "Leather, Vinyl or Plastic" on the can, so I assumed it was good.

I've found a source for Angelus over here, so if my experimenting with retrying on the scraps doesn't pan out I'll give that a go.

Here's another recommendation for Angelus paints. Used gold and silver to paint a pair of the Dudes leather bowling shoes a couple of years ago and it has held up amazingly well.

Since white leather and gold leather don't really exist in a thick oz, I actually picked up angelus paints to do both my green and white ranger belts, best leather paint ive used by far. was never a fan of fabric wrapped gold belts as they overtime will pucker and lift, and alot of the white mmpr belts are a thinner oz leather and would shift on someone if they carried a holster over time. pic attached of how angleus paints look left is my belt versus a davemosser belt on the right that is fabric wrapped.
12517016_10153856782410561_617460598_o.jpg12562701_10153856782260561_2057456140_o.jpg12516130_10153856782330561_1677723204_n.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking that's which way I'm going to go. Just having a hard time finding out what I need to do to get it to work on fake leather.

Since white leather and gold leather don't really exist in a thick oz, I actually picked up angelus paints to do both my green and white ranger belts, best leather paint ive used by far. was never a fan of fabric wrapped gold belts as they overtime will pucker and lift, and alot of the white mmpr belts are a thinner oz leather and would shift on someone if they carried a holster over time. pic attached of how angleus paints look left is my belt versus a davemosser belt on the right that is fabric wrapped.
View attachment 634703View attachment 634704View attachment 634705

That gold is on point !!!! Did you just use the regular gold they have listed for it Josh ? How did you apply it ? black paint or ?? for the line ?

Thanks,
-Miike

That gold is on point !!!! Did you just use the regular gold they have listed for it Josh ? How did you apply it ? black paint or ?? for the line ?

Thanks,
-Miike

yeah I used the regular gold, prepped it with their surface preparer, then applied the gold using an airbrush to create a nice uniform finish. sealed with angelus's sealer and then using black electric tape I masked the lines and painted it using angelus gloss black and one more coat of sealer.

No base coat on the leather ? I saw in the reviews pretty much a 50/50 split for white vs champagne for a base coat before the gold, did you use a matte or normal finish ?

No base coat on the leather ? I saw in the reviews pretty much a 50/50 split for white vs champagne for a base coat before the gold, did you use a matte or normal finish ?
normal finish, and if you put a base coat of a different color your making more work for yourself since youll have to cover that color fully with what every color your trying to achieve, I learned that while testing a bunch of pieces of leather with angelus paints.

edit heres pics of both of my belts i did, enough of my off topic though if anyone has any questions pm me, back to the build lol

2222new.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so my cast morpher buckle arrived this morning.

Which is surprising because I didn't even know it was on the way yet. ^.^;

But with that in place that's my belt all completed.

I also have a Pink ranger helmet on order from Legacy Concepts. I ordered it last June in hopes I have plenty of time to have a suit done for Power Morphicon this year. Still haven't received it and I'm actually scared to ask about it because I know he gets annoyed if you message him constantly about orders. I don't think I'll have a suit done. I swear I have the worst luck trying to dress up as a Ranger! Good luck on your suit!

I also have a Pink ranger helmet on order from Legacy Concepts. I ordered it last June in hopes I have plenty of time to have a suit done for Power Morphicon this year. Still haven't received it and I'm actually scared to ask about it because I know he gets annoyed if you message him constantly about orders. I don't think I'll have a suit done. I swear I have the worst luck trying to dress up as a Ranger! Good luck on your suit!

a year is beyond to long to wait for a helmet, bug him or money back !!

Last edited:
Just saying, I don't like seeing anyone get burned, saw a few different helmets for pink out there, not sure how accurate they are, I build my own lol

Johns been kind of sliding in his work ethics, Ive used john for a few of my helmets before but I think after I get my white Im moving to someone else. for pink the best is going to be Eric101 as he has a hero ptera helmet from the show and offers runs on it. Ive been on the wait for my white kiba helmet since Feb 2015

Johns been kind of sliding in his work ethics, Ive used john for a few of my helmets before but I think after I get my white Im moving to someone else. for pink the best is going to be Eric101 as he has a hero ptera helmet from the show and offers runs on it. Ive been on the wait for my white kiba helmet since Feb 2015

I'll have to look into that then. I'd heard about Eric's kits on Rangerboard but I wasn't sure if the consensus was good or bad.

Last edited:
I'll have to look into that then. I'd heard about Eric's kits on Rangerboard but I wasn't sure if the consensus was good or bad.

John actually started out using kits from eric101 for most of his sales, I think he still uses some but has since just out right payed to make his own molds
13254499_496146563925963_2686658900363781827_n.jpg

OK, messaged Eric about a kit and ordered the zips and leather paint for my cuffs as well as the zip for the top half of my suit.

So I think I'm on track again now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back