MMPR Helmets (started 9/4/11)

EnderX

First time I'm sharing progress with the community. Ive messed around with this and that in the past. I really wanted to spice the board up with something we haven't seen in a while. So without further ado. Here is the completed green ranger pep.

Wondering what you guys are thinking about the scale. First one I pep'd was way too small. So I up'd it at least 10% (probably more like 12%). I love all the detail that dung0bettle put into the pep. The mouth looks incredible.

Green Ranger (vs. 2.2) by Dung0Beetle.

The red, which I will post the completed Pep of tonight, or tomorrow morning by Black Kaos.

Great job on the Green Ranger pep, and the scale looks perfect. I'm also working on the Red Ranger pep from Black Khaos too, but my first attempt I didn't change the scale and it came out way too big. So once I get some black ink for my printer, I'll start over again. Are you building a full costume then or just the helmets?

@mhoepner: Yes the original pep was HUGE. Ill post a pic of the original test pep vs the actual pep momentarily.

Ill be doing a full red, green, and black costume. Maybe do more of a modern take on it, but we will see. Im working on a template for the dragonshield currently. I figure I'll make that out of 6mm eva foam, and do some of the detailing (the ridges)with 3mm eva foam.

Just an FYI I changed the height to about 270mm.

Love this pep man, i am doing a ranger suit for halloween. Wanted Iron Man but haven't had the time for all the pep that takes. I am wondering if you had a direct link for the pep files for the ranger helemts? Keep up the good work this is definitely WICKED like bleahhh said.

Hello everyone, the truth is that I really like the MMRP and would like the hull of the Red Ranger, as the green ranger helmet I have it with the morpher, do not know if you can help me with the pdo file is the really appreciate it, here I leave a picture of the morpher, if they need me and I say leave the download link thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. Glad to see someone pepped my MMPR helmets. Sorry about the scaling. I will change it to 270 mm for the future. Definitely going to be watching this thread. Just FYI I just came out with a Green Ranger Dragon Shield. :)

Long time power ranger fan, and looks like an awesome start. Will be following. Was going to mention blackkaos's green ranger shield but he beat me to it lol

The Green Ranger pep that's shown in this thread is from a pep pack released a while ago. I know if you search the forums, you should be able to find the download for it. As the the Red Ranger, there is a really crappy freebie out there, but PM BlackKaos instead or check his For Sale ad on here. The quality is outstanding and he's working on all the rangers from MMPR, and for 10 bucks a helmet, you can't go wrong. I just finished the Red Ranger helm re-sized for 270mm and I'm waiting for a warm day here in Wisconsin to resin and start bondo on it.

here I leave a picture of the morpher

Could you take that picture down please.
Everybody with illustrator, photoshop knowledge could easely copy this...
And I'm still planning to sell that file...

Also may I ask where you got this file?
And it is not ok to just hand out that file I made! Reported and contacted a moderator about this.

Last edited:
I have temporarily removed the pep image until this situation is resolved. For those interested in this piece, rundown is offering this pep file for sale. Please do not freely distribute pep files that aren't meant to be freely distributed.

sorry, for I found the file Morpher free web and I saw no problem in sharing it, if I did not have to pay for it because I wanted to share with the people of the forum, as I think and I think this website serves for that but if you can not free on the website no problem I keep just for me, my intention was to get a file from the red Ranger helmet but I freely connect to the wrong place, I apologize and I retire then east forum. Thanks!

hello all:
Im sorry for not updating on the reg. I randomly decided to go ahead and start my masters degree in biology...::shudders::. Anywho. Progress is still coming along. Before I made my big move I resined and glassed the helmets. No major problems or hickups. Everything is still in boxes right now, but Ill post an update as soon as I can on them.

I also started to work on the dragonshield. I have made a template for use with EVA foam. If it works Ill post if, and if it doesn't Ill post it anyways and maybe someone can make it workable. I guess the plan is to use 6mm for the bulk of the shield, 3mm for the detail, plastdip the entire thing, and then use a spray adhesive adhere the gold fabric. Foam is on order, and I have a few fabric samples coming my way next week.

2 thoughts on the helmets. Need some opinions. I hate the clamshell design. It makes things so difficult to drink. Im thinking a more iron man esk hinge system. im also thinking it be cool tomake the white portion around the visors white EL tape. That way they will really outline the teeth and it would bring the rangers into 2012. TronRangers?

Billy Crinston - . I used reference images from the actual tv show. The helmet files are very similar to the actual helmets. Not sure what helmets you are comparing them to?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back