MKX Scorpion v1

voo45doo

As usual: “sorry for my English its not my native language”
And again few months passed since last post, its very sad but i`m still not have enough time…
Anyway, today I want to write about our old work – MKX scorpion, because we`re already made upgraded version and soon i`ll also post it.
But today little piece of history about v1.0 costume, there was plenty photo reposts via internet so maybe you even saw them (original - http://melonicor.deviantart.com).

scorpion_cosplay_mortal_kombat_x_by_melonicor-d84x97n.jpgscorpion_cosplay_mortal_kombat_x_by_melonicor-d84l0ib.jpgscorpion_cosplay_mortal_kombat_x_by_melonicor-d84l0di.jpg

Unfortunatelly only few “in progress” pictures left for the fabric part, but heres what girls say about it:
“At first we need to say that we absolutely do not want to take on this project remembering the filming. But then, when we got two promo pictures, which were the only ones at the time in August 2014 (before the game)- we still realize that the suit is quite interesting, and why would not work on it.

20140831_232143.jpg20140831_232750.jpg

At that time, we have worked only with available materials, and only two promotions, so buckles were found similar, and all original items made from PVC and leather.
Separately, it should be noted search for fabric on the tabard, because it was supposed to be a special yellow color, not like in the costumes of the Scorpion before. But the task we coped.
Costume designer appreciated even Mortal Kombat Ed Boon who posted photos of our Scorpion at Twitter.”
yipVf54PGmM.jpg

Mask has pretty simple form so i`ve just made paper template cut shapes from pvc, glued together and add all small details.
sc1.jpg

After main shape was finished I add some main “battle damage”, prime all mask, add main color, some “rust effect” and refresh main “scars”.
sc2.jpg

Kunai maser model was also made of pvc, then casted in flexible resin for safety reasons instead of usually used hard plastic (our customer wanted to do some tricks with them and they was made with heavy plumbum core).
sc3.jpgsc4.jpg

Photo of finished mask:
sc5.jpg

few more that was used for our local Comic Con Spb
sc6.jpgsc7.jpg

And little commercial video wheres almost all costumes made by Tornhem Studio :)

Thanks for reading and soon i`ll post new and updated version of this costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back