MKX Scorpion costume v2

voo45doo

Few days ago i`ve posted our MKX Scorpion costume v.1, so its time for v.2.
This version was made after game release and we has all information to make more accurate version (not based on 2 promo pictures :)

Lets read what girls from TornHem Studio say about it:

“It just so happens that with the advent of more promo photos and gameplay, as well as the fact that we have begun to use the new materials to work, we have the opportunity to do more screen accurate costume Scorpion from Mortal Kombat - improved and more detailed. The fact that the first costume we did before the official release of the game, guided by two arts, so there are some assumptions. Now, there is more pictures and screencaps, and we can make it approximate to the ideal.

2.JPG1.JPG3.JPG

So what are the differences. In the old version of the hood is made of heavy linen. We chose this on the basis of historical textile ninja outfit, and guided by the convenience of the cosplayer. Festivals are usually very hot place, and our Scorpion have a very long hair :))) In the new version, we propose to make the hood from imitation leather. At least it looks like a leather artifact.

5.JPG4.JPG6.JPG

For tabard we used a coarse fabric with an obvious weave, but because once again we are faced with the problem of shade, we had to think fast. After all, yellow have to be not just the yellow, no lemon, no mustard, no orange, no pumpkin, no canary ... He had to be the color of Van Gogh sunflowers. So we painted fabric in the required color by hands with natural dye.

7.JPG8.JPG

The second point. Tips on straps on the chest. In the first version, it was an acrylic gel. In the second version, we offer cast tips of plastic. Then they will be the same as in the game model and look like metal. On the "corsage" in the first version, we also chose a large textile weaving. So we have very historically correct suit Scorpio. In the new version, we made it of artificial leather.

10.JPG9.JPG11.JPG

Mask all "metal" part, including buckles, decorations and knives - made our master JC.”

And few words from me about new details.
Mask was compared to in game used model and I was very pleased that it was almost accurate to original except little folds on “gills” over mesh. So Ive just add them and made cold cast copy of previous mask.

sc2_1.jpg

Kunai this time was cold casted of hard plastic, also I add ring at the end and reinforce it with steel wire. I know that “promo variant” kunai is not the same as “in game used” but i decide to make this variant because I think that they much better looks with new musk instead “in game used”. And for same reason I didn’t add handle, it shown only on one picture then on the others its missing (and I think its better looks without handle)

sc2_2.jpg

Not standard pieces was also cold cast of plastic with old metal effect (for compare left-to-right: finished, raw cast, master model). Measurements was taken from game model and sized to real scale.

sc2_3.jpgsc2_4.jpgsc2_5.jpgsc2_6.jpgsc2_7.jpg

Thanks for reading and soon will post photos from customer…

Cool! I'm glad to finally see a Scorpion with the correct textured fabric. It adds a lot to the look that your basic kona cotton just doesn't have.

-Rog

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back