MK9 Themed Bio Sculpts.

munson

I've been inspired by the new Mortal Kombat 9 game and wanted to sculpt some theme bios. I really like the new masks on some of the characters and think that they would make some pretty cool bios. So far on the list is Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Cyrax.

Here's the start of my Scorpion Bio:

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

So far I really like how it looks as is. It reminds me of the P1 bio. I don't have any artwork to show, the concept for the Scorpion bio is in my head and I think that if I would draw it wouldn't turn out like I envision it.

I really am up in the air about the eyes and can't pick one that I think would fit the bio.

Thanks for viewing and comments are more then welcome.

Munson... you are killing me man. You know I am going to have to get these right? I don't really have a choice... This is goinng to be the most beautiful crossover style bio mask design(s) ever!

Munson... you are killing me man. You know I am going to have to get these right? I don't really have a choice... This is goinng to be the most beautiful crossover style bio mask design(s) ever!

Thanks Branden, not that I'm putting enough pressure on me. Lol. I'll do my best to do it justice.

Mortal Combat is awsome. one of the funnest games ive played.

now this is gonna kill me because MC and PREDATOR is a Deadly combination.

these Bios are gonna be awsome

that looks so cool! Can't wait to see it finished! How many MK inspired bios are you gonna do?

I have would have to recommend perhaps a mileena inspired one...you could get some cool ideas using her gnarly teeth

I should have an update tonight, if not then tomorrow.

that looks so cool! Can't wait to see it finished! How many MK inspired bios are you gonna do?

I have would have to recommend perhaps a mileena inspired one...you could get some cool ideas using her gnarly teeth :(

So far the main two are Scorpion and Sub-Zero...but who knows. I'm looking at Cyrax too, I'll take a look at Mileena--could be a good organic feel to it?

So far I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, but I still have a good amount left to do. I did add some things to the concept that isn't in the MK9 character because I felt that the bio would seem too "flat". It's sculpted over xdmray's Gen. 1 half mask.

Onto the pics.

DSCN1141.jpg

DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

I'm going to post the pic's I used as a reference after I completed the bio sculpt so that everyone can rate how I did at converting a MK9 mask into a bio.

Thanks for viewing and comments are more then welcome!

EDIT: Sorry that the photos are sideways, I'll try and fix it later...

I finally finished my Scorpion Bio and I think it turned out pretty good. Just some very minor things I have to touch up. I still have to do the tri-laser unit.

Not much chat, onto the pics:

IMG_20110626_120838.jpg

IMG_20110626_120817.jpg

IMG_20110626_120810.jpg

IMG_20110626_120800.jpg

EDIT: There are two spots where I have to fix it. I bumped the sculpt and just noticed it when I posted the pics. It's at the bottom of the bio, I bumped it when I moved the bio.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

Doug! Thats awesome! I very much like the overall look you have going on there.

On each side of the mouth, there are the two scorpion legs...are you adding a third set of legs on the bottom? I think it would fill that area nicely...

Doug! Thats awesome! I very much like the overall look you have going on there.

On each side of the mouth, there are the two scorpion legs...are you adding a third set of legs on the bottom? I think it would fill that area nicely...

Thanks Jason. Haven't decided yet. There are only two legs on the mask, but I'll see how it looks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back