MJOLNIR'S STUCK in the mud! My first THOR Movie Hammer Prop

Found 2 at the semi local target :)

Man going there is always a weird experience. Last time I was behind a midget buying lots and lots of condoms and shaving foam, this time I was behind a very attractive lady who was buying lots and lots of panties while the clerk leered at her.

Least I got my hammers :)

Tonight or tomorrow, the work will begin! (cause I didn't buy any liquid nails, damnation.)

Chris

I got inspired with this thread, just sharing my Mjolnir repaint and customize mud base (based from the movie): :)

dsc03858i.jpg

unled3pz.jpg

unled2wd.jpg

unled6a.jpg

unled4o.jpg

"Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." - Odin

dsc03903u.jpg

dsc03900v.jpg

unled1yd.jpg

unled5h.jpg

I repainted the hammer making it more silver as in the movie, same with the handle making it more burnt sienna color. Finally, added the acrylic with the movie title. :)

"Did it work?" - Stan Lee

Very nice work! Love the base.

Good job modifying the hammer, but if you could pick up the Dr Pepper hammer, you'd appreciate the quality of it over the Disguise.

I believe there are a couple on ebay right now.

Very nice work! Love the base.

Good job modifying the hammer, but if you could pick up the Dr Pepper hammer, you'd appreciate the quality of it over the Disguise.

I believe there are a couple on ebay right now.

Thanks rocket20! Yeah I've seen the Dr Pepper Hammer, though great, it's missing some details on the bottom part, also I think it's oversized, not to mention, overpriced! Hehe :) Still waiting for the real metal replica out there, but for the meantime, this would do. :)

Here are some additional pics I took this morning: :)

unled7pc.jpg

unled8rj.jpg

I really like this scene from the movie, like how the director Kenneth Branagh described it, it should somehow feel like Excalibur (essence, power, etc.) Also, I really like the iconic display of this, it's actually the transition of THOR, and great representation of humility. :)

"Once I retrieve Mjolnir, I will return to you the items they stole from you. Deal?" - Thor

Thanks rocket20! Yeah I've seen the Dr Pepper Hammer, though great, it's missing some details on the bottom part, also I think it's oversized, not to mention, overpriced! Hehe :) Still waiting for the real metal replica out there, but for the meantime, this would do. :)

Here are some additional pics I took this morning: :)

unled7pc.jpg

unled8rj.jpg

I really like this scene from the movie, like how the director Kenneth Branagh described it, it should somehow feel like Excalibur (essence, power, etc.) Also, I really like the iconic display of this, it's actually the transition of THOR, and great representation of humility. :)

"Once I retrieve Mjolnir, I will return to you the items they stole from you. Deal?" - Thor

Just curious as to what details you feel the Dr Pepper hammer is missing? Also, who do you think is going to do a metal hammer? Museum Replicas was supposed to, but no word lately. Anyone else that you've heard?

Just curious as to what details you feel the Dr Pepper hammer is missing? Also, who do you think is going to do a metal hammer? Museum Replicas was supposed to, but no word lately. Anyone else that you've heard?

Here's a comparison pic between Disguise and Dr. Pepper versions:

20110718231207.jpg

As you can see, obviously, there's a size issue and a big difference with the bottom part, also the handle on Dr. Pepper is flat. The only accurate detail on Dr. Pepper is the more silver color which is easy fix that I did with mine.

For reference, here's a pic of one of the actual prop used in the movie:

thorhammer1.jpg

As for the metal version, yes I believe it's Museum Replicas, however I haven't read any updates on this. Still hoping it will get produce. :)

Dr. Donald Blake T-shirt 1:1 Replica

dsc04050z.jpg

Here's how I temporarily displayed it, together with 1:1 Mjolnir:

15135741.jpg

dsc04052y.jpg

[staring at Thor] "You know, for a crazy homeless person... he's pretty cut." - Darcy

:)

Just sharing my simple haul, a friend of mine who used to have a bazaar store, just went over to my place and after seeing my small Thor shrine, she offered me her half-body masculine mannequin for FREE. :eek: So I decided it to put in display instead with the original lousy hanger, hehe. :lol: Then I figured to put a simple title of the movie in the neck area. 8)

dsc04068tx.jpg

dsc04072wd.jpg

"Who are you?" - Jane Foster

thormann01.jpg

dsc04074c.jpg

"You'll know soon enough." - Thor

Streeter, thanks for the info.

Getting some materials together and ordered the hammer from Amazon. Hope to start soon and will start a thread with pics!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back