MJ Classic Viper

Ok, I have to ask, who the HELL is MJ ??

{{ PLEASE don't tell me this is ROBS
RECASTED Monogram Viper either . }}
:eek:

Thanks for the link, AWW NUTS THOUGH .

Almost ALL the images are GONE from
the Thread... :(

I didn't see it mentioned, is this a studio scale
model or a 1/32 scale ??? I thought I read it was
the same as the Monogram Viper I just don't remember
what the scale of THAT one was ????

Hi All. I'm the "infamous" MJ. :)

I bought the patterns for this kit from their previous owner. They originate from Icons and were originally cast from a prop by Icons for their Viper. Since Icons 3 other artists have worked on the patterns to clean them up, and fix many of the Icons flaws, but not fix things to the point that it wouldn't be studio accurate. I have been the most recent person to work on it and replaced a lot of the details on the kit that had become soft over the years in the side and engine section with original kit parts. The Viper is 1/24th scale (or therabout) and close to 15" long.

Please feel free to ask me more questions and Ill do my best to answer. Also, please feel free to email or PM me. I'm a big BSG fan and just having a blast being involved. :p :$

You wanna' get your self ALLOT of attention
you need a pic of YOUR baby next to
the new Mk. II . :thumbsup

Be nice to see some " beauty " shots . :D

I'm right there with you. I promise. :)

I should have some pictures of some finished MK1's ready in a few days. I'm planning on startin my new MKII right after that....soon they will be flying in my office....then I just need the studio Raider TOS and Raider new series. :D

Ill repost up Jasons pics tonight along with some others I have...then the finished ones...etc.

JDH..thanks for doing the buildup, I can't wait to see what you do.

Rocketeer...you are still on my list, and should be hearing from me soon. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers all.

Arrrhhh... cant wait to get mine and start building her...

I just hope that I dont go crazy, and need 12 for a squadron...

-Skyler

Mine arrived today and it is the bomb.
Jesse - thanks for making this happen dude.
If anyone is still on the fence about picking one of these kits up, get off now. They are awesome.
N

Originally posted by Vos@May 9 2005, 09:27 AM
If anyone is still on the fence about picking one of these kits up, get off now. They are awesome.
N
[snapback]983522[/snapback]​

Thanks Vos...glad it made the trek across the pond safetly. Go and build her now.... :D

Got mine too. :D

This is much crisper than any SS Viper I've ever seen. Awesome casting.

There is a a bit of distortion to the engine exhausts, but as I understand it that's normal and just the same as the studio models. Doesn't "look right" without it. :D

In short :thumbsup

- k

Originally posted by Jestefarean+May 9 2005, 06:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jestefarean @ May 9 2005, 06:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Vos
@May 9 2005, 09:27 AM
N
[snapback]983522[/snapback]​

Thanks Vos...glad it made the trek across the pond safetly. Go and build her now.... :D
[snapback]983849[/snapback]​
[/b]

Really really glad everyone is pleased with the casting job. I do this for fun, and I fine with each project I have done over the years I learn new tricks. This latest project has really been a wonderful experience...with pieces coming out with minimal to no seams, no flash, and easy flowing molds...very very cool. :$

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back