NuadaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
IMG_20190201_190120.jpg
IMG_20190201_204753.jpg
IMG_20190201_213029.jpg
IMG_20190201_213029.jpg
IMG_20190201_213729.jpg
My 3D printed and working Mitch Leary composite pistol from In the Line of Fire.
I modelled it up last week and have been working out the mechanics since.
The plastic firing pins cracked every time I fired them, so I made new ones from aluminium.
Very happy to finally own one of these. So much fun to assemble and disassemble.

Nice!

Always loved that gun!

Hated that while they were filming in D.C. one weekend they were a few blocks away from my girlfriends house.

We had to wait to get in our own neighborhood

That's really cool MrTrampoline
I remember that movie fondly, it was one of the ones we had on VHS and I would watch it a lot.
Always wondered if the gun would work so it's nice to see one 'in the flesh'.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks guys!! That pistol was really the star of the movie for me. Fond memories of watching that movie with my father.
It's such a simple but effective and distingtive design.

The firing pins pull back the springs, but what does the twist knob on the back do? Just watched the movie tonight for the first time in years and he would twist the knob, cranking it up, but not sure what that does. I'm curious and it's bothering me lol.

The knob is the end of a large goes through the body of the rear half and extends into the front half. When the two parts are put together 'Cranking' it extends the screw into the front half holding the two parts together.
Back in the day, I persuaded Steve Dymszo to make this. At the time it was the only one ever made as a replica. I've seen a few others since but Steve's was the first. One of our members (eltee) has a version made by Frank Rousseu, who made the original.

Below are photos of the SD Studio's Version
In the Line of Fire_Resin Gun-Rep (1).jpg
In the Line of Fire_Resin Gun-Rep (2).jpg
In the Line of Fire_Resin Gun-Rep (3).jpg
In the Line of Fire_Resin Gun-Rep (6).jpg
In the Line of Fire_Resin Gun-Rep (7).jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 984288 View attachment 984289 View attachment 984290 View attachment 984290 View attachment 984291 My 3D printed and working Mitch Leary composite pistol from In the Line of Fire.
I modelled it up last week and have been working out the mechanics since.
The plastic firing pins cracked every time I fired them, so I made new ones from aluminium.
Very happy to finally own one of these. So much fun to assemble and disassemble.
Absolutely beautiful prop, have you shared the files anywhere or selling them?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back