Mission Impossible II Sunglasses. Anyone?

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
I've been meaning to find these for a long while and have really only just got back around to it now I've watched M;I.3 at work.

So does anyone know what the exact sunglasses that Cruise wore during the motorcycle chase seen on the triumphs at the end of the second movie were?

I know they're Oakleys but which ones? After looking on Oakleys site I figured the four closest were the Fives, Minute, Straight Jacket and XX. (They're all under the 'O-Matter' section on the main site)
The XX looks the closest to e, but they dont have the ribbing along the sides of the arms that can be seen a couple of times during the final parts of the movie. so I figured someone else might know better.

Here's a few pictures to jog your memory.
MI2glasses.jpg

It's a Oakley Ten they used in the motocycle scene with all logos blacked out. They easily mistaken with five, but since the earstems are bigger, it's definitely Ten's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(YenChih Lin @ May 10 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]1241871[/snapback]</div>
It's a Oakley Ten they used in the motocycle scene with all logos blacked out. They easily mistaken with five, but since the earstems are bigger, it's definitely Ten's.
[/b]

Gotta respectfully disagree. The arms on the tens are a little too thick to be the ones in the movie. They are the original fives(not the 2.0, 3.0, etc), which aren't available anymore and haven't been for a while. The tens didn't come out until well after the movie was released. Here's a pic of the old ones that are correct to the film, except for color. K

b7_1.JPG

Kittlemeier is correct. I received Oakley promotional info for a long time, which said they would be Fives prior to the movie coming out. Indeed, they are the original Five, black frames with smoke (not black iridium) lenses.

Oh ok - I confuse then the two... :$ Damn, they are soo alike :angel

Besides, I like this more:

OakleyRomeo.jpg

Thank God that I do have two of them Gold and X-metal. Gold fits my Khaki wear...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guardian Devil @ May 10 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]1241958[/snapback]</div>
:eek ooh pretty

Thanks for the replies everybody. Thats exactly the information I was hoping for.
[/b]

No problem. Those Romeo's look great but they were terribly uncomfortable for me. Wish I could have worn them. K

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back