Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

HeartBlade

Sr Member

Looks like Cruise is back at it again. Not sure how I feel about splitting the movie into two. Does this mean this is the rare time when the IMF team actually fails a mission (something that has been hinted at in past movies that a failure was eventually coming due to the team getting by on luck). Hope this doesnt mean the franchise is coming to an end since MI is one of the few franchises that I still enjoy.

Currently my favourite film series. The Hypetrain has just arrived at the station and I got straight on.

But it already looks a bit like a best of. Stunts with trains, motorbikes, planes and Tom running a lot.

But it doesn't matter, the film will be good. I thought Fallout was fantastic and Dead Reckonning will stay on the same level... I hope.

Currently my favourite film series. The Hypetrain has just arrived at the station and I got straight on.

But it already looks a bit like a best of. Stunts with trains, motorbikes, planes and Tom running a lot.

But it doesn't matter, the film will be good. I thought Fallout was fantastic and Dead Reckonning will stay on the same level... I hope.
Agreed. Mission Impossible has stayed strong and every entry has been an improvement.

I am a little worried about the part one and two. One of the comments on the video stated it could be an end to the series (like Endgame) since Tom is getting to that age. Really hope they dont retire the series but Tom cant keep doing this forever and I dont think there is another big actor right now that is crazy enough to do their own stunts like Tom.

Tom Cruise can keep doing these movies as long as he feels like. The necessary tools are there. CGI de-aging + CGI face-replacements on stuntmen + Lord Xenu. He may eventually end the series because he would rather do a conclusion than submit to the indignities of his age. But that will be purely a choice.

I think (hope) that this new one is a 2-parter because they wanted to take the story complexity longer than 2 hours.

Tom Cruise can keep doing these movies as long as he feels like. The necessary tools are there. CGI de-aging + CGI face-replacements on stuntmen + Lord Xenu. He may eventually end the series because he would rather do a conclusion than submit to the indignities of his age. But that will be purely a choice.

I think (hope) that this new one is a 2-parter because they wanted to take the story complexity longer than 2 hours.
With All the new advances in Deep fake tech.. He could be 96 plus.. As long as he can deliver his lines... Oh they have that pretty much sorted too..
I certainly like the persona that is Tom Cruise, he always comes across as charming and attentive to whoever he meets.. In some ways MI kicked the Bond franchise back into action and much better for it.
I have a feeling what you see is what you get. My mate was an split second extra in the office scene just before Tom broke his Ankle.. He said the set lit up when he entered.

Can't wait for this oh and the new Bourne movie..
There are Action movies and then there are Cruiser movies.

Teaser trailer looks fantastic. Film drops on July 14, 2023. Two things:

1) I hate waiting, but currently I’m halfway through waiting for two and a half months for my new Mac to arrive, so at least I’m getting training.

2) After I saw Top Gun: Maverick I wanted to have Tom Cruise’s baby, but unfortunately there are some technical barriers. :p

3) The trailer looks fantastic. Did I mention the trailer looks fantastic? The trailer looks fantastic!

Okay, that’s 3 things. Counting the minutes till the next trailer drops…

I saw this movie last night with my son and we both really liked it. Lots of recurring characters and some surprising events. A couple of eye roll moments but a lot of good action. It didn’t really end with a huge cliffhanger but a good halfway point between films. Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter) is a main character and she does a great job. And she still looks incredible.

I saw this movie last night with my son and we both really liked it. Lots of recurring characters and some surprising events. A couple of eye roll moments but a lot of good action. It didn’t really end with a huge cliffhanger but a good halfway point between films. Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter) is a main character and she does a great job. And she still looks incredible.
Watching it in 4DX on Saturday so expecting to be buffeted watered smoked with the odd thrill or two.. it's one of those emmersive cinemas!

Watching it in 4DX on Saturday so expecting to be buffeted watered smoked with the odd thrill or two.. it's one of those emmersive cinemas!
We have one of those by us. I haven’t been brave enough to try it yet.

IMG_1882.jpeg

Super fun movie, the way these always are.

Story wise, a bit of a missed opportunity, but then again, no Mission: Impossible has had a solid script since Brian DePalma's original. At this point we're all just going to see the action set pieces, beautiful vistas and international locations.

Super fun movie, the way these always are.

Story wise, a bit of a missed opportunity, but then again, no Mission: Impossible has had a solid script since Brian DePalma's original. At this point we're all just going to see the action set pieces, beautiful vistas and international locations.
I agree on the plot. Very “Skynet”. I guess it’s appropriately timed with all the AI paranoia lately.

I agree on the plot. Very “Skynet”. I guess it’s appropriately timed with all the AI paranoia lately.

I have no problems with that. I actually think that choice is the most interesting they've had since Fallout, where the movie kinda promised to be a confrontation between Cavill's character, who approached his role from the perspective of loyalty and orders, and Cruise's, who always does whatever the hell he wants regardless of his superiors. But they lost that thread pretty quickly, just as they lose the new thread they had going in Dead Reckoning. It must be a consequence of the highly unorthodox way they make these movies, with every idea constantly happening on the fly.

I feel like the masks were done a little better (realistic?)here. They were slightly off or wonky to me. Less hyper -real exact look a like amd more like a mask might actually look?Maybe just me?

These are fun movies that I like a lot. This one had some self referential comedy which was great. The driving scene with Haley Atwell, the desert shootout and of course the train were all fantastic and really fun. Of note I missed Jeremy Renner.

The premise of this one is a direct response to the line in rogue nation where Hunly says something like “Hunt has no equal, he has anticipated every possible outcome maybe even this meeting and is probably already here. He is the living manifestation of destiny“ when you set the hero up like that …. the story in dead reckoning is maybe the only extension after fallout tied up the Solomon/syndicate thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back