Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

HeartBlade

Sr Member

Looks like Cruise is back at it again. Not sure how I feel about splitting the movie into two. Does this mean this is the rare time when the IMF team actually fails a mission (something that has been hinted at in past movies that a failure was eventually coming due to the team getting by on luck). Hope this doesnt mean the franchise is coming to an end since MI is one of the few franchises that I still enjoy.

The Brahma Bull

Sr Member
Currently my favourite film series. The Hypetrain has just arrived at the station and I got straight on.

But it already looks a bit like a best of. Stunts with trains, motorbikes, planes and Tom running a lot.

But it doesn't matter, the film will be good. I thought Fallout was fantastic and Dead Reckonning will stay on the same level... I hope.

HeartBlade

Sr Member
Currently my favourite film series. The Hypetrain has just arrived at the station and I got straight on.

But it already looks a bit like a best of. Stunts with trains, motorbikes, planes and Tom running a lot.

But it doesn't matter, the film will be good. I thought Fallout was fantastic and Dead Reckonning will stay on the same level... I hope.
Agreed. Mission Impossible has stayed strong and every entry has been an improvement.

I am a little worried about the part one and two. One of the comments on the video stated it could be an end to the series (like Endgame) since Tom is getting to that age. Really hope they dont retire the series but Tom cant keep doing this forever and I dont think there is another big actor right now that is crazy enough to do their own stunts like Tom.

batguy

Sr Member
Tom Cruise can keep doing these movies as long as he feels like. The necessary tools are there. CGI de-aging + CGI face-replacements on stuntmen + Lord Xenu. He may eventually end the series because he would rather do a conclusion than submit to the indignities of his age. But that will be purely a choice.

I think (hope) that this new one is a 2-parter because they wanted to take the story complexity longer than 2 hours.

Mottrex

Sr Member
Tom Cruise can keep doing these movies as long as he feels like. The necessary tools are there. CGI de-aging + CGI face-replacements on stuntmen + Lord Xenu. He may eventually end the series because he would rather do a conclusion than submit to the indignities of his age. But that will be purely a choice.

I think (hope) that this new one is a 2-parter because they wanted to take the story complexity longer than 2 hours.
With All the new advances in Deep fake tech.. He could be 96 plus.. As long as he can deliver his lines... Oh they have that pretty much sorted too..
I certainly like the persona that is Tom Cruise, he always comes across as charming and attentive to whoever he meets.. In some ways MI kicked the Bond franchise back into action and much better for it.
I have a feeling what you see is what you get. My mate was an split second extra in the office scene just before Tom broke his Ankle.. He said the set lit up when he entered.

Can't wait for this oh and the new Bourne movie..
There are Action movies and then there are Cruiser movies.

asalaw

Sr Member
Teaser trailer looks fantastic. Film drops on July 14, 2023. Two things:

1) I hate waiting, but currently I’m halfway through waiting for two and a half months for my new Mac to arrive, so at least I’m getting training.

2) After I saw Top Gun: Maverick I wanted to have Tom Cruise’s baby, but unfortunately there are some technical barriers. :p

3) The trailer looks fantastic. Did I mention the trailer looks fantastic? The trailer looks fantastic!

Okay, that’s 3 things. Counting the minutes till the next trailer drops…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.