Misleading ebay auction for TD armor

TK1536

Sr Member
There is a current ebay auction of Sandtrooper Stormtrooper armor that is using my personal picture.
While the armor I'm wearing in the picture is modified FX with an RT helmet, I'm not sure what they guy is actually selling. Looks like a bad FX recast or something and the helmet is certainly not ANH sized/accurate. His accesories are also of lesser quality than what I use. It's not so much of an issue, as I have sold that suit, but I can tell you this guy does not own it, and it's not waht you're going to get.

I don't know if it's okay to post the auction number or not. However, the picture in question that he's using was taken from this page on my web site: http://www.tk1536.com/armor2.html
Second picture from the right.

Make a new picture, stating he is stealing images, delete it, etc, and name it the same as that picture file. His auction's image will then change.

What a bunch of crap. I say switch the photo if he's hotlinking. Otherwise, looks like I'm off to ebay for some friendly questions... :love

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motman241 @ Apr 20 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1229731[/snapback]</div>
Make a new picture, stating he is stealing images, delete it, etc, and name it the same as that picture file. His auction's image will then change.
[/b]

If it was hotlinked, I would. But it's been lifted and the size changed.

Someone already PM'd me thinking I was referring to another auction. So, I'm going to post the ebay item number: 7611674293

UPDATE:

ebay seller has contacted me privately, saying that he can't remove it because it already has bids, but that it would not happen again. :confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK1536 @ Apr 20 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1229805[/snapback]</div>
UPDATE:

ebay seller has contacted me privately, saying that he can't remove it because it already has bids, but that it would not happen again. :confused
[/b]

He's used your images without permission in the first place - don't do him any favours.
It's really easy to end an auction.

I pointed it out to him, and here was his reply:
"I understand your concern. The description on the item specifically states that this picture is NOT from the product I am selling."
What a dork. If his armor didn't look like $h@t maybe he wouldn't have to steal other peoples images. Report him for stealing your image, it's worth a shot.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back