Mirror's Edge controls/gameplay options for next videogame?

Skullsplitter

Sr Member
Having played the Mirror's Edge demo lately, I got curious when playing AVP2 again: how awesome would it be if you had all these special moves to get your virtuall butt around when combined with predator weapons and visionmodes...

Any thoughts?

Now you mention it, thats a really good idea.

I havent played the demo bt saw 2 reviews, before deciding it was not for me, but thinking about it , that could setup a really reall good and unique game, with the pred moving from roof to roof etc.

maybe someone should put that to FOX, being as they are already on the NEXT GEN Aliens game, maybe get the money signs popping up in their eyes by mentioning a pred game.

Now you mention it, thats a really good idea.

I havent played the demo bt saw 2 reviews, before deciding it was not for me, but thinking about it , that could setup a really reall good and unique game, with the pred moving from roof to roof etc.

maybe someone should put that to FOX, being as they are already on the NEXT GEN Aliens game, maybe get the money signs popping up in their eyes by mentioning a pred game.
Previous Predator game flunked because of getting the low budget-treatment... It was entertaining, but nowhere near a good game.
I'd be all over AvP3 if done right... And depending on how Gearbox handles Aliens: Colonial Marines, I'd say let them reuse most of their assets and make AvP3.

the actual idea the more i think about it , is PERFECT for a pred game.

ive just watched another trailer of the game, and i can just see a pred jumping climbing around on a dark city landscape.

very very interesting.

i have the game and my only problem is you are on the edge of your seat the whole time, not good for my nerves, good game so far tho, and it would suit a pred game, in pred one you saw him swingin from tree to tree but since then as you have seen more of them they seem to have slowed down and become harder, instead of the quick stealthy race i have always pictured them as.
a pred game i doubt will ever happen witha control system like this, but we can hope

IMO the wolf's moves in the power-plant in AVP-R was pretty much parkour, and some of the moves in P1 too.

I'd love to see a developper try to tackle this freedom instead of having a steroid-FPS experience. All species deserve a decent portrayal in AVP. The alien was near perfect in AVP 1, when you wallwalked, looked in a direction and jumped from place to place. Once you mastered it, you could do the wall-to-wall jump near effortless... The Marine is pretty straight forward as far as FPS goes, but the Predator deserves some more elegant ways of getting around.

As long as it doesn't take ten minutes to beat the damn thing, and the acting is good (ME failed at these points) It's a badass idea.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back