Minority report leather jacket

Exodus

I was thinking about buying a Minority Report jacket that Tom Cruise wore. I came across Wested Leather Co. and I didn't know if they were a reputable site. I'm not to much into costuming so I've never heard of them before. Any thought? Is there any where cheaper to get a quality jacket? What's the shipping time? Thanks. Also, do they ship to th U.S?

<div class='quotetop'>(Exodus @ May 17 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1245717[/snapback]</div>
I was thinking about buying a Minority Report jacket that Tom Cruise wore. I came across Wested Leather Co. and I didn't know if they were a reputable site. I'm not to much into costuming so I've never heard of them before. Any thought? Is there any where cheaper to get a quality jacket? What's the shipping time? Thanks. Also, do they ship to th U.S?
[/b]

Exodus,
Many (and I mean MANY) of us have purchased Indy jackets from Peter Botwright (Wested Leather), and lemme tell you, it's one of THE best purchases I've ever made. I've heard of some serious wait times for their products, but I have nothing but great things to say about Wested. Back when I was in college I accidentally tore a big hole in the lambskin sleeve of my Raiders-style Indy jacket and Peter Botwright replaced the sleeve for FREE. Just had to pay for shipping. And honestly, getting a tailor-made jacket, exactly to your specs, for (at least, then, I don't know the current pricing) 220 bucks. Ya can't go wrong. I'll let others chime in, too. Good luck.

CHEERS.
-R

<div class='quotetop'>(Exodus @ May 17 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]1245717[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

The simple answer is YES, Wested is a very reputable company. They made the Indy jackets and various other pieces for many films, as you probably saw on their site. I've never ordered from them myself (although I may be soon) but quite a few of the members here have. I'm sure they will give you more detailed info.

- John

thanks for all the great feedback on this site. I guess the one thing left I need to know is the wait time, which I guess really isn't a big deal since it's summer now and I won't be wearing it when it's 80 degrees out.

I just ordered this jacket and it should be here in 21 working days. So I guess at the end of next month. I'm excited but I'm sure I will forget about it and have a nice surprise next month. I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

Will do, I just got word that they shipped it out late last week so it should only be a matter of days.

Anyone know how long these jackets stay in customs for? Mines been sitting there for a few days and I just wanted to know.

<div class='quotetop'>(Exodus @ Jun 2 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]1254820[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know how long these jackets stay in customs for? Mines been sitting there for a few days and I just wanted to know.
[/b]

Thats weird it should be getting to you very soon.

When I ordered my "Raiders" Goatskin, it shipped in December and took 4 days to get to me, which coming from England to the States I thought was incredibly fast.

I hope you have it by the time you read this post. :)

Hello, I emailed Parcel Force the other day and they said that they had a bank holiday or something so they were a bit behind. Well it was a surprise when I got the package this morning, a Sunday of all things. I was running late for work but I opened it up to take a quick look and everything looks great. The leather is real soft and thicker then I had expected. The only thing I had a question about was that the zipper is on the other side. Is this normal for English jackets or something?

<div class='quotetop'>(Exodus @ Jun 4 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1256171[/snapback]</div>
Hello, I emailed Parcel Force the other day and they said that they had a bank holiday or something so they were a bit behind. Well it was a surprise when I got the package this morning, a Sunday of all things. I was running late for work but I opened it up to take a quick look and everything looks great. The leather is real soft and thicker then I had expected. The only thing I had a question about was that the zipper is on the other side. Is this normal for English jackets or something?
[/b]

Yep, that's where Wested puts all zipper pulls unless you request otherwise. K

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back