Ministry Of Magic i.d. Card.

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Jericho, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Jericho

Jericho Member

Heres my version of the Ministry of Magic id card as seen in the book Harry Potter Film Wizardry, Took me a while to get it right the only thing i wasnt 100% happy with was the font that i used for the rules part (above the signature of holder. I completly redid all of the text the only original part is the back ground. Let me know what you think

Jericho

View attachment 41684

2. JamesDragon34

JamesDragon34 Active Member

oh really good work! Do you know what is the font for the name and the other things?

3. Gryffindor1991

Gryffindor1991 Well-Known Member

That looks great!

4. Jericho

Jericho Member

The missing text i.e. your name etc i found to be similar to any Typewriter style font but in red as it is on the original. The finger printes were done in purple ink, there are 2 stamps needed but not managed to draw them yet.

Jericho

5. Norbert

Norbert Well-Known Member

If you what to see what the original one looks like you can look in my photos

6. Bear

Bear Sr Member

Nice job Jericho!(y))

7. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

Thanks!!!!
    I own the book but this prop is attached to it and for the moment I dont want to peel it off so... thanks!!!
    By the way... do you have the reverse as well?hehehe ...

8. Jericho

Jericho Member

This is a scan of the original replica out of the book, once i get the stamps designed and made then ill be making my own.

Jericho

View attachment 41763

9. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

Thanks for this great looking prop!

10. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

Thanks... only violet covers left...hehehe ...
    And... the stamp over photography is quite difficult to get...Any idea wich one is it?
    The stamp over fingerprints could be done through photoshop and the green one in the first page too... but the photo one is hard...I think.

11. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Print background, attach image than run through printer again with only the stamp.

12. eviltig

eviltig Active Member

Very very good, Im dieing here waiting for ink to put in my printer (ahhhhh)

13. ibspitfire

ibspitfire Active Member

any updates on the id jericho?

14. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

Still looking for the violet cover? I have a pretty decent scan of an actual card that I have edited the glue line out of.

Oh by the way, in case you are wondering about the size of the ID, each panel is 3" wide x 4.5" high.

bfd

15. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

How is this for the elusive photo stamp...

Should print out pretty close to the correct size for ID photo.

An alternative to printing the stamp separately over the already printed ID and glued-in photo is print the inverse stamp image onto clear acetate at Best print quality. You then place the ink side of the acetate over the photo and press...voila, instant authentic looking stamp.

bfd

16. PotionMistress

PotionMistress Sr Member

Oh thank you for posting these; they are just terrific!

17. ibspitfire

ibspitfire Active Member

could we have a look at the scans by any chance?
    thanks

18. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

ID Cover.

19. Thumbhead

Thumbhead Active Member

[​IMG]

The real ID card for Mafalda Hopkirk from the HP exhibition.

20. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

What do you mean "real" card? The picture included in the Film Wizardry book is of the actress who played Mafalda in Deathly Hallows Pt 1. That makes the card and picture in the FW book pretty real.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there can be several versions of the same prop used for different purposes like on-screen or promotions, etc. For me the "real" prop is the one seen on-screen, the so-called "hero" prop. I don't think the ID card was ever seen on-screen so neither of these versions is the "real" one.

Oh, wait a minute, none of this is real, this is all fantasy...right??:lol

bfd

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  21. Bear

Bear Sr Member

Yes bfd, it's all a fantasy/:lol.

Now...... you can take either the Blue Pill to make it stop, or the Red Pill to make it continue.:lol:lol

22. Thumbhead

Thumbhead Active Member

I meant "real" as in made by the "real" people who make the props. That makes it more "real" then anything made by a fan, as in a replica.

23. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

I'm pretty sure the ID in the Film Wizardry book was not made by a fan. Its not as elaborate as the one in the image you provided but still, its not fan made.

@Bear: It was dark when I took my pills this morning and it looks like I took the red one...but i just found the blue pills so I'm done.:lol

bfd

24. Thumbhead

Thumbhead Active Member

I didn't say the FW version was fan made! All I said about the image that I posted was the real ID e.g. it's a real prop by the real film makers from the real HP exhibition as apposed to something I found on the internet that could just as easily be a fan made replica. I didn't alude to anything about it's screen accuracy or what version it was or whether it was a hero version or anything else along those lines - I'm well aware the can be many versions of a prop. I don't know how you would have preferred me to have worded my original message to avoid being questioned on what it was I was attempting to say.

Perhaps next time a simple "thanks, it's cool!" might be all that is required.

25. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

Probably just saying "here's an image of the ID card at the HP exhibition, looks better/different than in the FW book" or words to that effect would have done it for me.

I was not really questioning you, I was just providing my own opinion on what you stated.

Also, i was not trying to lecture you on anything prop related, I have no way of knowing your "prop IQ" so I just provided a little info is all.

It certainly was not my intention to pi ss you off with my comment and its also my experience that you do not get thanked every time you post something to the forum.

So yea, its cool.

bfd

26. Norbert

How do you do the birthday on the ids Does any one know. This doesn't make since to me. "in Pisces in Leo" is it the year? then what. the issue date?

27. Wolfie

Wolfie Sr Member

the stuff touring is supposed to be "real" IE made by the prop department. Stuff in the FW book , especially the inserts, were just replicated for the book. I'd hope the ones on display in the traveling exhibition would be more "real" *shrug*

just a matter of opinion. no reason to jump on someone about it though. Too much of that around here these days. So thanks to both of you for BOTH posting useful stuff :p

28. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

Personally, I thought we were just having a conversation about an item or two. There was no intention to jump on anyone. That is one of the problems with text messages, they can easily be taken the wrong way. My apologies. And thanks for the thanks. :)

bfd

29. ibspitfire

ibspitfire Active Member

either way, this one is pretty cool, right? haha if anyone could lift the graphics from it, that would be cool....

30. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

Except for the picture its basically the same graphics as the card in the Film Wizardry book of which there are graphics all over the place.

31. Norbert

This there any way someone could talk out the finger prints so I could put in my finger prints?That way I don't loss the Validated by stamp? Since that goes over the finger prints?

32. Barneyrfd

Barneyrfd Sr Member

I took a look at it Norbert and i think it would be almost impossible to separate the fingerprints from the stamp so I am creating a replica stamp. I'm about 3/4 done and will post when finished.

bfd

33. Balz

Balz New Member

Does anyone know the standards of how to do the birthdate in that style? Like month day and year with the symbols? Also, what is the order for the fingerprints? I'm going to make one for myself, because, you know... I totally work at the Ministry of Magic...

34. Cirian

Cirian Member

So you're an Obliviator too?! Strange, I never see you at the department meetings...

35. darkrose38

darkrose38 New Member

this link dosen't work anymore If u stil have it could u share it with me

36. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

darkrose38 likes this.
  37. darkrose38

darkrose38 New Member

Thnaks bro